Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helmanfrow
Serial Port
Views: 164
Message 1 of 5

P50: Cannot Determine RAM Manufacture By SPD

I just had to open my machine to visually inspect my RAM because neither CPU-Z nor Speccy were able to determine the manufacturer from the SPD. Anyone know why this would be so?

For the record, I have one 8GB DIMM in the default slot under the keyboard and the memory chips are from Hynix.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 132
Message 2 of 5

Re: P50: Cannot Determine RAM Manufacture By SPD

Hi Helmanfrow! Welcome to our forums community. You can try here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/partslookup. Provide the serial number and you should be able to check the part details. Hope this helps. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Helmanfrow
Serial Port
Views: 114
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, that might prove useful in the future.

However, I was looking for (and found) much more specific details than provided by the parts lookup.

For the record, I installed another stick of RAM (from a different manufacturer but using the same Hynix chips) and with both under-the-keyboard slots populated, CPU-Z and Speccy are able to correctly identify the DIMMs.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 109
Message 4 of 5

What details are you looking for? The brand can be found once the serial number is available from the parts lookup website. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Helmanfrow
Serial Port
Views: 81
Message 5 of 5

Again, Jwes, you're entirely missing my point and I already found what I was looking for.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors