Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HSW_169
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,262
Message 11 of 285

Re: P50 Keyboard bezel crack

Hi,

i have a similar problem with my palmrest.

Since yesterday evening my P50 (about six months old) has a little crack in the palmrest.

I am really disappointed, because the laptop never left the desk in the last two weeks and i use a external keyboard and mouse 95% of the time.

You can see a picture of the crack attached to this post.

Also i will open a new thread.

toamcks
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,237
Message 12 of 285

Hi,

This machine is quite heavy so it is hard to carry around the corner.

and most of time I use this laptop as a desk-top in my home.

Thank you.

StaticRick
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,210
Message 13 of 285

I have the same issue.  See HERE.

About three months ago, my P50, which lives in a dock, developed a very similar crack.  

I called and was basically told that there is NO WAY Lenovo is going to treat this as a warranty issue.  They seem to have a policy that all plastic parts can only be broken by the user doing something bad.  Lenovo doesn't believe that a plastic part could break after some time due to a bad part or installation.  I guess they never sat through the same Mechanics of Materials classes that I had!

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 3,197
Message 14 of 285

For what it's worth, I'm trying to highlight this issue with the ThinkPad development team for P50.  At first glance, I would have guessed it was due to carrying the system around by the corners with the cover open (like Sarbin), but based on other posts here it seems that might not necessarily be the case.  I can't promise anything, but I'll see if we can get the team to look into it.

If we've helped resolve your issue, please be sure to mark your topic as solved!
toamcks
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,192
Message 15 of 285

Thank you for your kind comment.
I never saw this kinds of week laptop body ever and even more creazy thing is Lenovo strongly advertised and guaranteed that Thinkpad beyond military spec tested.
http://www.lenovo.com/us/en/thisisthinkpad/beyondmilspec.html
jdrodrig
Token Ring
Views: 3,192
Message 16 of 285

wow! this thread is really scarying me. I have been talking my P50 up to others. in teh office, I have been (ab)using thinkpads for 8 years with no cracks whatsover.

Crazy thought, would the accidential damage protection cover this with no cost to the user? reading this thread makes me wonder if I should dodge the bullet and pay the $50 bucks a year. anyone has had experience with the accidental protection?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,163
Message 17 of 285

REQUEST,

Keep this problem in this thread, don't be opening new threads all over the place.

This issue is being highlighted as was said in the previous post, we need to keep this issue in this thread.

Your consideration in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dave 

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Danik007
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,030
Message 18 of 285

DSC_0133.jpg

Hello, unfortunatelly having the same issue... Smiley Frustrated

Wendel
802.11n
Views: 2,969
Message 19 of 285

Most likely Lenovo will need to redesign the bezel. Otherwise and replacement bezel will suffer the same fate. A few more grams of weight is a fair price to pay for a military spec laptop bezel. I will wait for a resolution before purchasing a P50 that most likely will crack.
jdrodrig
Token Ring
Views: 2,931
Message 20 of 285

I see the logic of your decision, but wouldnt lenovo's 50 bucks accidental damage policy cover that? it seems to me that insurance is cheap compared to the price and the cost of waiting for something that might never happen. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors