cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ivan81
Paper Tape
Views: 388
Message 1 of 3

P50 Display on blank (external monitor and touch still working)

Hi,

My p50 display just stopped working out of the blue yesterday. When i connect an external monitor or HDMI (TV)  the screen pops on the tv or external monitor. Everything works fine. It's just that the screen on the p50 is just blank. To make it more complex, the touch is working fine. Just to be precise. The black screen is also during post and boot of windows so i don't believe it's a driver issue. The only thing i can think is that the display is broke but don't understand why touch works. Is there a way to reset perhaps bios to default or does anyone have a good idea before i raise a RMA?. The p50 is working still fine but just the screen.

Thanks 

Ivan

Ivan81
Paper Tape
Views: 338
Message 2 of 3

Re: P50 Display on blank (external monitor and touch still working)

It's bizar, the spares at Lenovo need to wait for 3 weeks for a 2000 euro laptop with 3 year extended warranty next business day onsite.
They want to replace the whole screen where i believe its the blacklight.
Ivan81
Paper Tape
Views: 316
Message 3 of 3

Re: P50 Display on blank (external monitor and touch still working)

Anyone from Lenovo support here? If so, you have a extreme poor service and  extremely bad user support. Even extended warranty is extremely bad. Wait one month for spares? Are you kidding?  It's almost shamefull for such a company to deliver this kind of crappy service.

Shame on you Lenovo!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors