cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RuffRyderInk
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,344
Message 1 of 7

P50 - Docking Station - Hybrid Graphics -> no Bootlogo, BIOS and Bitlocker shown on external monitor

Hello Lenovo Community,

if the BIOS config setting "Hybrid Graphics" is choosen i don´t get the Lenovo Bootlogo, BIOS or the Bitlocker shown on the external Display over the correct (40A50230EU) docking station at startup. No matter which Interface is used (VGA, DVI or DP).  The external monitor just show a picture when the windows logonscreen comes up. 

It only works if i change to "Discrete Graphics" so that only the Nvidia M2000M 4GB card is active. 

Do u know anything about that problem or a solution for that scenario?

I think there has to be a problem with all devices that have two graphic cards with hybrid mode like W540/541 and so on. 

I already tested all scenarios in the BIOS display options and also other display devices Smiley Happy

Do u have any ideas or the same experience?

Thank u for ur help.

Best regards 

RuffRyderInk

L530
HDMI
Views: 4,334
Message 2 of 7

Betreff: P50 - Docking Station - Hybrid Graphics -> no Bootlogo, BIOS and Bitlocker shown on exte

BIOS Update! The Problem is also in the German ThinkPad Forum being discussed.

RuffRyderInk
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,331
Message 3 of 7

Betreff: P50 - Docking Station - Hybrid Graphics -> no Bootlogo, BIOS and Bitlocker shown on exte

That is not the solution, i already flashed to BIOS 1.27, before 1.26.

Update of the docking station already done, version 2.30

Also u only get the option to change the boot display if u switch to "discrete graphics"

can u tell me link from the german forum? 

L530
HDMI
Views: 4,326
Message 4 of 7

RuffRyderInk
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,319
Message 5 of 7

I think that is not my problem, i have a P50, not P70. 

I have no boot problems or black screens.

I only have the problem, that in the hybrid graphic mode the display first comes up in the logon screen of windows 7 Enterprise. Only if discrete graphics is activated the lenovo bootlogo, Bitlocker is shown on the external display and u can see the bios on the external display. 

This is a important function for us, because we are using the bitlocker of Win7 Enteprise in the company.

If the notebook is docked under the table or wherelse and the lid is closed, i have to see the bitlocker screen first to enter the bitlocker-pin passcode to unlock the "HardDriveEncryption" (bitlocker) . I don't want to open the lid for that.  
And that function is only given in the "Discrete Graphics" Mode. In the german entry i saw, that this will reduce the battery life of about 2 hours. 

That is not my goal to drop so much battery. 

ibmthink
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,318
Message 6 of 7

@RuffRyderInk,

I think this is expected behaviour. The nVidia GPU controls the external screens, so if the Intel GPU is active, you won´t get the boot logo. Only in Windows when the driver is active, then the external screens are recognized.

@L530,

stop spamming! You link has nothing to do with this problem!

RuffRyderInk
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,314
Message 7 of 7

So the problem is out of the box so to speak? =)

I have to live with that problem i think after your post.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors