Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tannm102
What's DOS?
Views: 1,644
Message 1 of 4

P50 Ethernet problem

Today I got a problem with the ethernet card on my P50. I put the cable to ethernet port but it can't obtain ip address and after few second I see status cable unplugged then obtain ip address again and repeat overtime like this. I tried to put this cable to another laptop and it work well. I also tried to remove ethernet adapter and reinstall driver but got same problem.

I opened my laptop, reset BIOS to force it detect hardware again and everything ok.

So some problem come from this BIOS related to Ethernet card. Please check and fix this problem.

Thanks,

caveman1
SCSI Port
Views: 1,584
Message 2 of 4

Re: P50 Ethernet problem

"I also tried to remove ethernet adapter" -- ?? an adapter, not the port in the back ?? what type of adapter ?? 

if the lights go out for a while on the port then something is usally wrong with the hardware (either end).. if the lights are on and its obtaining an address then its usally software

tannm102
What's DOS?
Views: 1,580
Message 3 of 4

I'm sorry. I tried to remove and reinstall driver (not adapter). I don't know why I put adapter there Smiley Very Happy

caveman1
SCSI Port
Views: 1,537
Message 4 of 4

aah - no worries ..

step 1) check the lights

step 2) try a diffrent router 

step 3) play with resetting your tcp/ip settings in windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15089/windows-change-tcp-ip-settings

http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-14.html

** these are just for refrence - everything should work on automatic settings - sometimes random programs/viruses can screw this up -

step 4) reinstall drivers ( you already did)

.. if all thouse fail I would call support 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors