Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
echaland
Fanfold Paper
Views: 943
Message 1 of 7

P50 HDMI stopped working

Hello,

The hdmi for the extended monitor stopped working. The proposed solution is to update the thunderbold driver but the driver is not there. See link below

https://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/solutions/sf16-t0051

What should I do? Is there a fix as I need the HDMI port working. I'm very surprised to see this issue for such an expensive laptop. Please let me know.

Thank you in advance

echaland
Fanfold Paper
Views: 934
Message 2 of 7

Re: P50 HDMI stopped working

I updated the bios it worked for a while but the issue came back - HDMI stopped working.

How can this be fixed for good?

Thanks,

kpoman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 784
Message 3 of 7

I am having the same issue all the time. It works well then stops. If I reinstall thunderbolt drivers or intel management engine, it comes back, works for a while then stops again.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 775
Message 4 of 7

kpoman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 718
Message 5 of 7

Apparently link is gone !
The document you have requested is not available. You may have entered an incorrect URL or login with authorized credentials (for Lenovo Field Servicers and/or Call Center Agents only) to view the page.
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 713
Message 6 of 7
sharon181
What's DOS?
Views: 355
Message 7 of 7

My HDMI external monitor suddenly stopped working last week, after no problems for 15 months, since the time I purchased the P50. I'm running Windows 10 and have video card NVIDIA Quado M10000M. I have searched this forum and have done all of the following that I found from other posts:

1) Uninstall and reinstall NVIDIA drivers

2) Reinstall Intel Management Engine Firmware

3) Reinstall Thunderbolt software (using link in this post)

4) Installed Thunderbolt firmware from here https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/sf16-t0051 

When installing the NVIDIA drivers I do see the message others have reported for 2 of the files "Did not install...because it is not better than the current drivers (kil20202.inf and nvlt.inf).

After each install I tested my external monitor and nothing has helped.  I also ran Lenovo diagnostics "LiteGUI" for the video card initially, and after each software install, and get the same result regardless. Everything passes except video memory:

"Video memory test not applicable. Try to (re)install the official display driver that supports your product." 

"Direct 3D commands could not be sent"

"OpenCl commands could not be sent"

Ocasionally after restarting following an install I have the message "Video Memory Management Internal" error and stop code Video_TDR_Failure. When that happens I reinstalled NVIDIA drivers and  restarted and did not get the message the next time.

Is there anything else I can try?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors