Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huan329
Fanfold Paper
Views: 304
Message 1 of 2

P50 IDE Controller Driver [Help Needed]

Hi all,

I have an issue with storage controller driver and hope you guys can kindly help me out.  My P50 has two SSDs, including a 256GB Samsung 850 Pro (system) and a 500GB Samsung 850 EVO.  In Device Manager, it shows the IDE Controller driver is unknown, as shown below.

ide.jpg

Please let me know how to resolve this.  (e.g., Do I need to re-install the driver?  If so, which version of driver shall I go with?)  Any info is greatly appreciated.

Have a nice weekend.

SeniorGuru
Views: 191
Message 2 of 2

Re: P50 IDE Controller Driver [Help Needed]

No idea what this device on your machine even is.  In my P70 the IDE controller is part of the Intel Skylake Chipset.  I didn't know the P50 was any different in this regard so I have no idea what your mysterious hardware is to begin with.

Does your Device Manager IDE controller presentation look different that the following?

IDE_controller.jpg

Do you have some unknown device in "Other Devices", with a yellow exclamation mark indicating no driver?  Is this where you're trying to get to the bottom of the mystery?

Can you please click on the Details tab (of the Properties window you posted a screenshot of), and then click on the arrow on the right side of the "Property" dropdown list, and select the second item "Hardware ID".  Please post a screenshot of, or at least the value itself for, Hardware ID.  If we knew the actual hardware id of this mysterious IDE controller we might be able to figure out the puzzle and determine where the right driver can be obtained.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors