Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Soggy_Canuck
Fanfold Paper
Views: 440
Message 1 of 5

P50 Raid0 Install question(s)

I recently purchased a P50 Xeon with 2 Intel 512Gb SSD drives with an additional Samsung 500Gb SSD drive. The Laptop is running Win7 Pro(a rolled back Win10?) I also purchased Macrium Reflect Home edition and built a Rescue Media USB with WinPE.

The Rescue Media boots up fine.

Using Macrium I have imaged C: drive (on of the Intel hard drives) and placed this image in E: drive(the Samsung).

It is my intention to turn C: and D: drives into a RAID0 from BIOS and use the Macrium Rescue Media stick to reload the C: drive image into the RAID.

1) What Driver do I need to put into an E: drive folder to have the reloaded image recognize the RAID?

2) Is it considered good practice to install the image without first cleaning the disks that make up the RAID?

3) Have I missed anything?

Just to clarify, the last time I dug this deep into a system Win3.1 was state of the art. I've been reading non-stop for the last three days. I believe the expression goes something like "Warning Sharp Learning Curve Ahead!"

Arahne
Punch Card
Views: 365
Message 2 of 5

Re: P50 Raid0 Install question(s)

Perhaps this can help You.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Thinkpad-P50-NVMe-M-2-Raid-0-Can-t-insta...

But I would strongly suggest that You install fresh OS on Your new raid system, and forget about old disk image..... 

Soggy_Canuck
Fanfold Paper
Views: 343
Message 3 of 5

When you suggest using a fresh image, are you referring to Lenovo Recovery Media USB?

If so I've run into a problem with the USB Recovery Creator not being able to recognize any of the USB sticks I have tried. Tested all of them with the Win7 and Win8 and above versions.

Is there some trick to using this particular piece of software that isn't intuitive to find?

Right now I have a copy of the Lenovo recovery files sitting on a hard drive with no way to load it onto a USB drive.

Arahne
Punch Card
Views: 320
Message 4 of 5

What is the file format of Your usb sticks?
Soggy_Canuck
Fanfold Paper
Views: 310
Message 5 of 5

I tried NTFS and Fat32 on all three (Sony and Sandisk 16Gb and a Sandisk 128Gb all USB 3.0).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors