Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maximus2016
Token Ring
Views: 1,098
Message 1 of 5

P50 - RealTek Audio Drivers for Windows Disappeared from Lenovo Support Site

Is it just me or did all versions of the P50's RealTek audio drivers for Win7 and Win10 64-bit disappear from the Lenovo Support site?

Link: http://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-p-series-laptops/thinkpad-p50...

I recall seeing a new audio driver for Win10 Redstone about a week ago, but ALL versions of the audio driver are no longer shown. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

kalyanmudi
Punch Card
Views: 1,053
Message 2 of 5

Re: P50 - RealTek Audio Drivers for Windows Disappeared from Lenovo Support Site

I am having a similar (?) problem. Not sure if this has something to do with the fact that I have upgraded windows 10 anniversary update recently.

I try to launch 'Update Sysmte' (or so) lenovo app that usually lists all available drivers to be installed. When I launched this yesterday, I saw couple drivers listed. One recommended update for BIOS and one optional update RealTek Audit Driver. When I checked both and tried to download+install, it seems to be downloading something for a short while but at the end I saw a message "2 packages didn't download". I restarted my machine and launched the app once again. This time it didn't even list any update. After a short while, I again tried to launch the app and now it listed those drivers back but when tried to download, got the same message "2 packages didn't download".

Maximus2016
Token Ring
Views: 1,001
Message 3 of 5

Re: P50 - RealTek Audio Drivers for Windows Disappeared from Lenovo Support Site

Lenovo team, any update on this?

SeniorGuru
Views: 997
Message 4 of 5

I don't see this problem.  I still see Realtek audio driver 6.0.1.7746 from back in February (when Lenovo finally solved the "pop/crack" noise problem).

I see this driver available for download under "audio" component, on both the P50 and P70 support pages.

Here's the way the support page looks for the P50 (note that you have to log in to the support site with your Lenovo ID, theoretically, if you want it to have remembered your model and serial number).  Realtek driver shown.

P50_drivers.jpg

Maximus2016
Token Ring
Views: 991
Message 5 of 5

@DSperber

Looking at it again, I do see that the old Feb-29 updated has re-appeared for Win7 and Win10. (Previously, the entire "Audio" category in the drop-down had vanished.)

That said, I definitely saw a newer Audio update specifically listing Win10 Anniversary edition in the release notes, but that update vanished after a couple of days. I wonder if anyone from Lenovo can comment on it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors