Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mehdiZ
What's DOS?
Views: 455
Message 1 of 3

P50:Recommendation

Hi 

I am intended to buy Thinkpad P50.  I am inteded to use  dual boot Windows 10/Ubuntu.

My purported spec will be i7 6820-16 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD (will be replaced by my SSD), FHD non-touch, Graphics Quadro M1000M.

My firts impression was that it must be a well built and powerful machine. However, when searched a bit I realized there are lots of problms with P50 and many returned their P50's. The competitor for P50 is Dell 7510 with the same specs. My primary choice for P50 is that it is spill resistance. I am writing this thread to see what are you recommendations. Based on your experience, is P50 a reliable machine at all? I am a student and it is a expensive machine for a student. Please help me decide. Than you all.

rbalaji79
What's DOS?
Views: 396
Message 2 of 3

Re: P50:Recommendation

Any laptops might have some issue. It would be best idea to always purchase it after 8 months or so and after checking reviews.

You may refer to https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-P70-Problems-Master-Thread/m-p/33030... This might give you some headsup.

SeniorGuru
Views: 356
Message 3 of 3

Re: P50:Recommendation

Worst case, there's a 30-day return policy if you don't like it, although there is a 15% restocking fee unless the item is defective.

Some things that impact or bother others might not impact you, and vice versa.  So having it hands-on for a few weeks is a reasonable way to give it your own test drive without having made an irreversible commitment.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors