05-12-2016 01:01 PM - edited 05-12-2016 01:51 PM
I am not sure if I should have posted this in any existing appropriate thread. I have ordered a P50 (config includes 2 X 1 TB PCIe NVMe SSDs, 1 X 1TB HD). I placed the order on 12th April and was informed there could be 3-4 weeks of delay (because of PCIe SSDs availability) with estimated shipping date 12th May. In between (a week back or so), I called and I was told that estimated shipping date is 11th Of May and there is no change or surprise in the shipping date. When I didn't get any shipping notification yesterday or today, I called back and the rep was not sure about the status of my order and hence she promised to update me by end of today. Just now, I got her email saying the shipping is delayed further caused by "hard drive". I am not sure if this further delay is due to "hard drive" or 1TB PCIe NVMe SSDs. Do any of you, who may have ordered P50 with 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD(s), got P50 delivered? How long it took? If its really about the hard drive, I may even consider dropping this from the config (should have done at the first place).
05-12-2016 01:55 PM
I had the same issue with my P70 and the dual RAID0 1TB NVMe drives. Ordered April 14 with a 5-7 business day delivery expected, shifted to May 11th the day it was supposed to originally ship, and now (yesterday way after May 11 Hong Kong time) moved to May 23rd ship date. That's a 26 business day turn around if it happens. Best thing is if you configure it right now, it still shows that 5-7 business day delivery. So Lenovo is full of it.
I cancelled my order this morning. That's just ridiculous if the laptop ordered mid April shows up in the second half of the year when new chips will be out (Iris Pro integrated graphics for one.) I'll re-order when the models are updated again and Lenovo figures out their manufacturing pipeline -- putting a near $7k laptop (maxed everything) in limbo for a month with no end in sight is dumb for any consumer to have to deal with. I've had nothing but thinkpads for 15 years but thought about waiting to see what Apple would do this year. Jumped on the workstation P since I didn't want to wait until June for Apple's new Macbook Pros but now that it looks like I'll be doing it either way, I'll wait to see what Apple selects for their chips/graphics.
05-12-2016 02:44 PM
Sad to hear that you had to cancel the order. I too have been waiting for Apple to refresh MBP 15" for more than an year. But, became impatient (after march event) and found P series with impressive specs. However, looks like, by the time I can start working on P50, MBP will be out. I will wait for the reply from the rep about updated shipping date. I get a feeling that it will be shifted by at least a week. If that happens, I don't think I can wait. May be, it makes sense to come back later (if at all, MBP doesn't get updated to 32 GB RAM).