Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahussain
Punch Card
Views: 676
Message 1 of 10

P50 - Sound still crackling/popping

I got a new P50 and I think I've upgraded all the drivers. I'm still getting the crackling on audio. I know its supposed to have been solved but I'm getting it on driver version 6.0.1.7936.

I'veh had this a few weeks now.... dont know if its been there before but its been very noticable since today.

Its happening with both Youtube and videos from my HDD.

medwatt
Punch Card
Views: 552
Message 2 of 10

Re: P50 - Sound still crackling/popping

Yes, I have exactly the same problem you're having and the only way I know of to solve the issue is to install the drivers every 2 days or so, for some reason.

Maximus2016
Token Ring
Views: 547
Message 3 of 10

Does it happen frequently when you are typing?

If so, it may actually be a BIOS setting you have to disable. (The PC will make a sound when you press an 'invalid' combination of keys.)

medwatt
Punch Card
Views: 529
Message 4 of 10

No, it happens without the need for typing. I have just opened a new thread where I describe everything including a weird scenarior in which the issues disappears when I reinstall the audio driver and reappears after a couple of restarts.

Former Employee
Views: 516
Message 5 of 10

Ahussain and Medwatt,

Popping and crackling speakers sounds were resolved via Relatek High Definition Audio Driver, v. 6.0.1.7898, which appears to be release before the version you reported currently running.

Would you mind rolling back to this earlier version and testing to see if the issue is resolved? Please remember that if you reboot your system, Windows Update will automatically upgrade you to the latest driver.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS118388

Thank you,

medwatt
Punch Card
Views: 507
Message 6 of 10

Thanks @

ahussain
Punch Card
Views: 488
Message 7 of 10

My issue has been resolved. I think it was being caused by the anti-virus.

medwatt
Punch Card
Views: 484
Message 8 of 10

Care to explain how you reached that conclusion so that others can try it out ?

ahussain
Punch Card
Views: 469
Message 9 of 10

To be honest, I'm not sure if I've classified this problem correctly or if my answer will make a lot of sense, but here goes.

I realised that the sound was more "glitchy" and started looking that up. I came across something that said I should check my DPC latency... which I did, and sure enough there were issues there. Then I came across a thread (sorry no idea where it was) which said that one reason for high DPC latency may be an antivirus that provided "real-time protection" (or something like that!). So I remembered that I had recently installed a new anti-virus software, removed it, and voila!

medwatt
Punch Card
Views: 452
Message 10 of 10

So, you're now using your computer without any antivirus ? I don't know if I would like to take that approach myself.

Top Kudoed Authors