Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nkaufman
HDMI
Views: 195
Message 1 of 7

P50 - Stopped working - 2-finger scrolling on touchpad

Hello,

This does keep happening a lot with windows/lenovo driver updates, isn't it?

Before I start rolling back drivers, was wondering if others have experience this and if so, what has the resolution been, if any.

Thanks,

JohnL
Token Ring
Views: 186
Message 2 of 7

Re: P50 - Stopped working - 2-finger scrolling on touchpad

Have you tried:

CONTROL PANEL --> MOUSE --> ThinkPad (tab) --> Settings (button) --> General (tab) --> check the SCROLLING box

CONTROL PANEL --> MOUSE --> ThinkPad (tab) --> Settings (button) --> Scroll (tab) --> under Two Finger Scrolling there are 3 check boxes ... pick what you want

Check the other tabs also for whatever other features you need

nkaufman
HDMI
Views: 165
Message 3 of 7

@JohnL wrote:

Have you tried:

CONTROL PANEL --> MOUSE --> ThinkPad (tab) --> Settings (button) --> General (tab) --> check the SCROLLING box

CONTROL PANEL --> MOUSE --> ThinkPad (tab) --> Settings (button) --> Scroll (tab) --> under Two Finger Scrolling there are 3 check boxes ... pick what you want

Check the other tabs also for whatever other features you need

Yes, that was the first thing I looked at when it stopped working. Under 2 Finger Scrolling, I've selected all 3 options.

I've also been using the 2 finger click on touchpad for Context menu and that has been working fine, only scrolling is gone

nkaufman
HDMI
Views: 136
Message 4 of 7

Forgot to mention that scrolling with mouse works just fine, no issues there.

JohnL
Token Ring
Views: 123
Message 5 of 7

You might try clicking on the Restore All Defaults button and clicking OK. Then re-enter the settings and choose what you may have changed.

You didn't say what level of the driver you have installed. I have 19.3.4.202 dated 1/16/2018 on my P70. All functions are working fine.

If you are still experiencing issues, then I would select uninstalling Synaptics UltraNav Driver in Programs and Features. Delete the device in Device Manager, selecting the option to delete drivers and software. Rollback drivers may also work (although mine is grayed out). Then re-boot. (You should get the drivers from WINDOWS UPDATE now.) Download the 19,3.4.202 package at Synaptics ThinkPad UltraNav Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad P50, P70. Run the install. Re-boot and check.

Good luck!

JohnL
Token Ring
Views: 116
Message 6 of 7

This appears to have worked for others, and reflects my own setting.

Open REGEDIT and go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh\UltraNavPS2

Change TrackPointMode to 0x00001214

nkaufman
HDMI
Views: 85
Message 7 of 7

@JohnL

My driver version is same as yours -  19.3.4.202 dated 1/16/2018, but for P50.

Afraid changing registry settings etc. did not work.

Yes like I mentioned in the OP, was trying to see if this was a known issue before I roll back the drivers, to 'try' to fix this.

Thanks,

Top Kudoed Authors