Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylWilliam
What's DOS?
Views: 761
Message 1 of 3

P50 Thinkpad Dock Issues USB Drivers

New P50 user here.   Computer is very nice,  I have many HP Zbooks at my company, they have been mostly trouble free but I wanted to give lenovo a try.  This machine has alot of good features except for this docking station! 

I am running Win7 Pro,  I have sucessfully installed a Samsung 960 Evo M.2 Drive and cloned the 500 GB WDC drive that came with the computer.  Everythig on the computer itself operates well,  I have all the normal windows updates, and all of the critical and important lenovo updates per the solution center.

Lenovo Service Bridge will not install for some reason.  So that has been the one other difficulty I am having.

Docking Problem:  I have been unable to get the USB ports work on the dock to work due to a driver/software issue

I cannot find the right drivers to use  on the lenovo website

When I lay the P50 in the Dock or boot it up on the dock it will say

Lenovo ThinkPas WS Dock Driver not found/not installed correctly

Lenovo ThinkPas WS Dock Driver not found/not installed correctly  

Says it twice once for 2.0 USB and once for 3.0 I am assuming.  

It seemed to install correctly on the first dock but no USB were working so i went to Device manager and uninstalled now they won't come back. Which could be my mistake.  I followed some info I saw online about trying that.

Can anybody help in locating a suitable drivers to try manually?

I tried going through Lenovo support, and they sent me a brand new dock today but the problem persists.

Thanks in Advance 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 727
Message 2 of 3

Re: P50 Thinkpad Dock Issues USB Drivers

I suggest running System Update while docked and see what that finds.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
DarylWilliam
What's DOS?
Views: 690
Message 3 of 3

Re: P50 Thinkpad Dock Issues USB Drivers

The system update didnt find anything.

Solution:

I used a program called DriverEasy and it scans the hardware and found and installed the right drivers.  So I am all good now!  

We're moving

To a new platform very soon

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors