Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_sted
Paper Tape
Views: 1,766
Message 1 of 5

P50 Trackpoint Middle Button Stopped Working

Hey folks,

The middle button for trackpoint doesn't work. All drivers are up to date. Middle button is enabled for scrolling, not clicking. Middle button works when switched over for clicking. It just randomly stopped working last week, but it works when I switch it over to clicking in the settings tool.

Any ideas?

Thanks

drailing
What's DOS?
Views: 1,686
Message 2 of 5

Re: P50 Trackpoint Middle Button Stopped Working

Did you solve this?  Had the literal exact same problem start on my P50 yesterday.  The thing that I think caused it was the Windows 10 Creators update, but I'm not 100% certain on that.  

BlueEntity
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,674
Message 3 of 5

I had exactly the same problem. However, I had noticed that a new "Synaptic Driver" had had been installed via Windows Update the other day. Opening the Hardware Manager and rolling back to the previous driver resolved the problem for the moment. I cannot tell, if this will work with the Creators Update as well, as I have not installed this yet (and do not plan to do so for another couple of weeks).

edebelenmd
Serial Port
Views: 1,660
Message 4 of 5

The same thing happened to me this week when a new Synaptics Pointing Device driver was automatically installed. As mentioned by @BlueEntity, rolling back the driver and rebooting the system resolved the issue.

I've attached images showing the versions of the new (problematic) and old (working) drivers for reference.

Capture2.PNGNew Problematic DriverCapture3.PNGOlder Working Driver

pandork
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,522
Message 5 of 5

I can verify that the latest driver (11/01/2017) is problematic. Lost the middle button function as well after an update last week. Managed to solve the problem by rolling back to the older driver (27/10/2016).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors