cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Employee
Views: 5,921
Message 51 of 69

Re: P50 Win 10 Pro -- Fingerprint stopped working

In response to customer reports of unexpected fingerprint reader behavior on ThinkPad P50, P70, X1 Yoga, X1 Carbon (Type 20 FB and 20FC), Yoga 260, Y260, S1 Yoga, T460s, and T460p systems, Lenovo has released an update to the fingerprint driver.

Version 5.1.311.26

[New]: SHA1 & SHA256 signatures signed.

[Fix]: Fix for the issue that When the user has scanned a fingerprint for the pre-boot Single Sign On, the first attempt to login using Intel Authenticate will return "Failed to identify" for the Fingerprint factor.

[Fix]: Fix for the issue that IPT - SetFactorTrust (TC_SETKEY) takes up to 2 seconds.

[Fix]: Fix for the issue that Finger printer LED does not light that FP can't use after wake up from sleep mode.

[Fix]: Fix for the issue that Sometimes SSO fails after resuming from timed hibernate.

[Fix]: Fix for the issue that Power consumption is high.

[Fix]: Fix for the issue that Win7 Fingerprint device show yellow bang after system recovery.

Synaptics Metallica Touch Fingerprint Driver v5.1.311.26 can be downloaded here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-P-Series-laptops/ThinkPad-P70...

Thank you,

bill_gill
Paper Tape
Views: 5,759
Message 52 of 69

Hi Amy,

Sadly driver 5.1.311.26 only provides an intermittent fix for me. While a fingerprint reader is not essential, it is a nice convenience to have. Having purchased one of Lenovo's high end mobile workstations, it would be nice if things just worked. Is there another fix I can try?

Thanks,

Ben

x260x250
Punch Card
Views: 5,209
Message 53 of 69

I'm having this issue. I've had the P50 for several months and all of a sudden the fingerprint reader dissapeared along with Windows Hello--same exact messages as original poster. 

I uninstalled the driver and installed the one linked in this thread to no improvement. I also tried resetting fingerprint data in the BIOS. I'm at a loss here. It seems new issues keep developing on this computer and I really regret purchasing this. I just don't have the time to try a complete reformat.

jepcom
Paper Tape
Views: 5,069
Message 54 of 69

Unfortunately i have the same poblem. 

In devce manager the log says: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

In my Event log it says:

The Windows Biometric Service failed to start its secure component.

The operation failed with error: 0x80070032.

Any good ideas?

x260x250
Punch Card
Views: 5,057
Message 55 of 69

I've tried all the "solutions" that I've been able to find and nothing works. I've even tried a complete system wipe/restore using the original factory image and still have the same error. I've opened a ticket to get service on the machine. It's a huge hassle because I've added my own memory and drives which I'll have to remove when I send the laptop in for repair. I'm planning on selling this machine when I get it back. I can't handle the constant issues that crop up on this machine. 

Angulion
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,041
Message 56 of 69

Needless to say, I still have the same problem after one year and counting. Apparently, P50 buyers are abused as guinea pigs for half-baked products, it is really quite paltry. Anyhow, I have not yet filed a service ticket or considered a return of this shoddy computer, mainly because I shy away from the hassle. @x260x250: if you do go ahead with the repair, please let us know about the outcome, much appreciated. Best, A

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 4,920
Message 57 of 69

I have a P50 for work - driver version of the Synaptics WBDI(SGX enabled) is 5.1.321.26 - i logged in with fingerprint reader earlier in the day. And now i can't. No green light, nothing.

This has happened before. And a reboot will fix it. But the sign in screen gives no options - only pin or password. 

I am glad i am not alone, but it would be nice to have some kind of solution. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,912
Message 58 of 69

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 4,905
Message 59 of 69

@someotherguy wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try that next time it happens and report back. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 4,880
Message 60 of 69

Ok, so it happened again. when i view it in device manager I see the generic error:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) - and a yellow exclamation mark. Disabling and Enabling the device does solve the issue instead of a reboot. 

Are there any other logs available for me to provide? I can't find anything easily. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors