Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kwooda
What's DOS?
Views: 169
Message 1 of 2

P50 and external monitors

I started having an issue a few days ago with my P50 and an external monitor. I plugged it in and could find no option anywhere to mirror the display like it used to (so the same screen is on the laptop and the monitor). I searched for such a setting to no avail.

Tonight, I unplugged the monitor, briefly (an H233H via HDMI) to see if the laptop would fit into a laptop case that I have, and then went to plug the monitor back in. When I did, the laptop screen went dark as though the laptop went to sleep - had to press the power button and log back in (it did not shutdown) - and now the external monitor isn't detected at all. I ran system updates, and have rebooted a couple of times, and still no external monitor. It's a ghost. How do I get it back?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 137
Message 2 of 2

Re: P50 and external monitors

Hi Kwooda.

Thanks for reaching us for support.

We'd like to know, are there any changes/updates prior to this issue? Have you also tried using a different HDMI cable? What can you see when you were trying to connect an external monitor?

Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors