Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lionman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,925
Message 1 of 3

P50 and the NVIDIA Display Driver (NVIDIA N16S / Quadro N16P)

I regularly check for driver updates with the Lenovo tool.  Recnetly, I've noticed that I have the following driver that's called for as an update:

NVIDIA Display Driver (NVIDIA N16S / Quadro N16P)

However, I've never successfully gotten it to install.  Finally I manually downloaded it and ran the install.  During the CMD window that scrolls by with details, I see these lines at the end:

INFO: Did not install 'c:\drivers\win\nvidiagraphics\nvidia\display.driver\nvlt.inf' because it is not better than the current drivers.
INFO: Returning with code 0x100

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas why we keep getting these types of driver 'updates' when they're not actually updates?

Thanks for you input in advance!

Phil__C
Token Ring
Views: 3,882
Message 2 of 3

Re: P50 and the NVIDIA Display Driver (NVIDIA N16S / Quadro N16P)

My Nvidia driver installs and the System Update history list says it is successful (Win 10).  But System Update continues to show that the driver still needs to be installed.

The driver seems to contain both Nvidia and Intel updates, so I thought that was the problem -- because I run discrete only.  So I temporarily switched to Hybrid graphics, installed the package -- and the driver disappeared from the waiting list.

However, after switching back to discrete graphics only, the Nvidia driver reappeared in the System Update list waiting to be installed.

Looks like a Lenovo bug to me.

Lionman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,828
Message 3 of 3

Re: P50 and the NVIDIA Display Driver (NVIDIA N16S / Quadro N16P)

Thanks for the insight, Phil.  I only use my sistem in descrete mode now, so I'll probably just ignore this install.

I appreciate the reply!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors