US

81 Signins

554 Page Views

• Views: 554
  • Message 1 of 6

P50 doesn't wake up from sleep

2016-07-20, 0:36 AM

Hello,

I have been using this new machine for last 2 months and am experiencing this issue from time to time. When I don't work on the laptop, I just close the lid. After some time, I see that the red led light on the lid goes blinking on slow pace - that tells me the machine has gone into sleep mode. Now, when I come back to the machine later, usually I see either the red led is still blinking or completely gone off. I open the lid, the machine wakes up and I can start working on.

However, at times, when I come back, I see that the red led on the lid is constantly on. In those occasions, when I open the lid, the machine doesn't "wake up". I see that the greed led on the power button is constantly on - so that kind of indicates that the machine IS probably awake. But, the screen is black/empty as if its still sleeping. In these situations, I normally end up with force restarting the machine - making me to reopen all the  applications once again, if not loosing some work/data.

Is there anywya I can tweak any setting or follow any best practice - that can prevent this issue from re-ocurring?

Thank you very much in advance for your suggestions.

Options

27 Posts

12-19-2010

US

81 Signins

554 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

Re: P50 doesn't wake up from sleep

2016-07-25, 23:44 PM

So, I posted this in reddit today as well and I was suggested to disable "Intel Rapid Start Technology" in BIOS. The reason was that - some of my outdated driver could be causing my machine to fail to wake up from deep sleep (caused by iRST).

I can't seem to find iRST in BIOS. I tried to look for it in Config->Power section but I see a configuration for Intel SpeedStep technology or something like. Do you know if its the same?

On a different note - I use "system update" lenovo utility to make sure drivers are updated. Is this utility not fully effective?

Options

10 Posts

06-12-2016

AU

20 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 3 of 6

2016-08-01, 14:16 PM

I have this problem too!

Have you managed to fix it yet?

Options

27 Posts

12-19-2010

US

81 Signins

554 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2016-08-01, 22:13 PM

I didn't (couldn't) do anything to fix it. Few days back, updated one driver (something like 'intel **** management ***') and since then haven't had this problem yet. But, this could be coincidental. I was having issue with chrome on windows 10. Once in a while chrome wouldn't launch. Or, if already opened, it won't launch a new tab. All this usually would prevent my machine to gracefully restart or shut down. So, I have stopped using chrome as well. 

With the above, I haven't had this sleep/wake up problem. I think it could be that driver. See if your "System Update" lenovo utility lists anything that you are missing.

Options

1 Posts

09-15-2017

US

1 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 5 of 6

2017-09-15, 19:22 PM

Actually, I installed the latest drivers using Lenovo Update and this started to happen with my machine. I close the lid or machine sleeps after 30min of inactivity. When I open the lid, the green power light is on, hard drive LED blinks and appears that the machine is working. The screen remains black.

I tried to re-install the NVIDIA drivers because they were the part of that upgrade. I don't remember if I also installed the Power management drivers.

The machine is up because I am able to connect to it using TeamViewer. TeamViewer gives me a black screen as well but at least it allows me to do proper reboot.

I tried multiple solutions online and tinkering with BIOS settings; to no avail. This is very frustrating! I need to shut down the machine completely to avoid doing those hard shut downs constantly!

Options

1 Posts

09-19-2017

US

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 6 of 6

2017-09-19, 22:44 PM

I have the same problem too. I can log in via fingerprint and my screen is just white and blue lines.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save