Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JensDavid
SCSI Port
Views: 416
Message 1 of 5

P50 enter standby randomly on battery mode

Hello.
I am pretty tired on this. I have set "Never" for both AC and Battery scheme in Power Manager when the laptop will enter standby. But it randomly enter sleepmode anyway at the same time I am browsing the web or playing a simple game. I had another Thinkpad with exactly the same behaviour (T430). It feels like it follows the same pattern; unplugged for a while and then forced into standby regardless what I am doing at the laptop at the time. I wonder why the computer even enter standby  when "Never" is chosen in the Power Manager menu. Can someone please help me?
David.

i7_intel36U
Bit Torrent
Views: 400
Message 2 of 5

Re: P50 enter standby randomly on battery mode

HI.

@JensDavid Smiley Happy

If the configuration of the computer is correct, you may have a bad card power / cable / plug on the motherboard or have the battery in poor condition and not between the strength load the machine from alone in Sleep mode, you would have to go ruling out possible faults.

Go Device Manager / Battery / right click / desistalar controller / reset and reconfigure the parameters of the battery.

If this does not work you will have to send for service.

Regards.

Por favor ,marque la respuesta y así aportar a la Comunidad,al aceptar como solución
Estarás contribuyendo con otros usuarios que tengan la misma duda.
JensDavid
SCSI Port
Views: 347
Message 3 of 5

Hello!

I have checked the system log and found the following: "System enters standby. Cause of standby: Battery". The battery was at 68 % charge level when it occured, is the battery faulty or can I just change some settings?

I have looked in the device manager and there are no such entries. Only update driver etc. (Windows 7)

i7_intel36U
Bit Torrent
Views: 343
Message 4 of 5

Let's say the above is to calibrate the parameters of the battery, if the computer goes into sleep mode to 68%, set windows and programs that can bring manufactures equipment for saving battery, that have programs same function may be affecting.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/sleep-and-hibernation-frequently-asked-questions

Regards.

Por favor ,marque la respuesta y así aportar a la Comunidad,al aceptar como solución
Estarás contribuyendo con otros usuarios que tengan la misma duda.
JensDavid
SCSI Port
Views: 337
Message 5 of 5

Hi

Thank you for your reply. In most cases the laptop enters standby at 10%, as I have set it in the menues. But sometimes it goes into standby at other levels. Today it was 68%, last week it was around 80%. I have checked the power menu from Windows control panel and it shows the same numbers and levels as TVT Power Manager.

I have two batteries, one 4-cell and one 6-cell model (77 and 77+ model and only works with P50). This behaviour only occur when the 4-cell battery is used. Both batteries were bought from lenovo.com (one preinstalled in system ofcourse). My conclusion is that the battery must be defect in some way..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors