Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
docdave78
What's DOS?
Views: 8,070
Message 1 of 6

P50 will not connect with external monitors

I have a Thinkpad P50 which is relatively new.  I did have it connected through the Lenovo port replicator to two monitors using display port cables.  The Video suddenly went black, and no amount of undocking, docking, and rebooting would get the montors to reconnect.  I tried to connect directly from the laptop to an external monitor tha had previously worked using a hdmi to VGA adapter, but still no external video.  It will not detect any external monitor connected to it and using FN F7 does not allow me to duplicate or extend or connect to an external device.  

Any thoughts?  Could some driver or setting be disabled?

dejavu1987
What's DOS?
Views: 7,923
Message 2 of 6

Re: P50 will not connect with external monitors

Hi am having the same issue, occasionally it connects to some random monitors but same monitor stops connecting after a while.

I am using P50 with Win10.

docdave78
What's DOS?
Views: 7,886
Message 3 of 6

I discovered that the issue was a Windows 10 update.  My monitors were working fine until a MS patch was installed and overwrote my drivers.  I had to reinstall the correct drivers for my laptop from Lenovo.  This corrected the issue.

mdk22
What's DOS?
Views: 7,771
Message 4 of 6

Which drivers need reinstalling?  I tried updating the thunderbolt software to version 25 but it wouldn't let me because it can't detect any thunderbolt hardware.

My thunderbolt display won't work (apple thunderbolt with usb-c adapter), nor will my vga monitor (with a HDMI adapter), but they both worked three days ago before I installed a Lenovo update.

AlanWynne
Paper Tape
Views: 5,959
Message 5 of 6

I am still experiencing this problem. Nothing seems to work. External Monitor remains blank.  NVIDIA Control panel can only idetify the external Monitor. Settings shows internal monitor as connected to Intel  graphics card. Cannot install Intel Graphics drivers.   

mahwahnj
What's DOS?
Views: 5,902
Message 6 of 6

P50 will not connect with external monitors

When my Lenovo P50 is docked, it will not recognize the dual external displays.

That is to say, when it doesn't get locked up when docked.

I've tried updating dirvers to no avail.

I've run into this issue using the latest Fedora install (as well as prior versions).

Then, I installed Ubuntu and same issue, no external display recognition when docked.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors