cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Malware21
Paper Tape
Views: 999
Message 1 of 2

P50s: Run with graphic processor greyed out.

Hello there,

I recently discovered that the graphic card on my P50s isn't working as intended. When trying to run any kind of 3D programs (ie. Avogadro), the system seems to automatically select integrated graphics, even when specifically asked to use the other GPU (in 3D Settings of NVIDIA control panel).

3.JPG

2.JPG

Interestingly, the graphic card is working/ON when the NVIDIA control panel is open under the section "Adjust Image Settings". Another thing is that the option to manually run the program with graphic processor is greyed/blurred out.

1.JPG

4.png

I tried to reinstall the driver about twice now (First uninstalling quadro M500M driver in device manager, then installing the latest official driver found on this website, I even tried those from NVIDIA) and nothing happened. At this point, knowing that the GPU works under certain conditions probably means that it's just a driver problem, which is why Im posting this here instead of immediately sending the device for repairs (I would try to avoid doing so, if possible). If anyone got a hint on that issue, I'd be glad to know Smiley Happy .

Malware21
Paper Tape
Views: 992
Message 2 of 2

Re: P50s: Run with graphic processor greyed out.

I solved the problem myself, it was just because of the airplane mode being active.

I didn't expect that. Hopefully, this post will help someone else.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors