Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Victorosborn
What's DOS?
Views: 1,154
Message 1 of 2

[P51] Intel USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller and Hub Driver

Hi

I got the same issue. USB extensible host controller not signed by microsoft.

I get error code 52 and my company have policy to only use signed drivers.

This cause hte brand new P51 laptop for 2500 dollars not abling to use none of the USB ports.

I have win 10. Tried every lenovo chipsset drivers and have the latest and the greatest updates suggestet from Lenono.

This just blows my mind that lenovo ships out hardware without signed drivers.  

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,061
Message 2 of 2

Re: Intel USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller and Hub Driver

Hello,

I have split your reply off from the Intel USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller and Hub Driver message thread involving the ThinkPad P50 into a separate one for your P51 for visibility.

If I am reading the screenshot correctly, it looks like the digital signature on the device driver for the USB host either cannot be read, is missing, or cannot be verified (which I assume means a connection being made to Microsoft's servers for verification).

It seems very odd to me that Lenovo would ship a ThinkPad P51 preloaded with Windows 10 containing an unsigned device driver.  And, if I am interpreting the screen correctly, the driver is actually written by Microsoft, not Intel (the "(Microsoft)" at the end of the driver's name).

My initial thought is that somehow the operating system install was corrupted during installation by Lenovo.  It must ben extraordinarly rare event, as I think I have seen it perhaps twice in the past twenty years or so, but that is about the only scenario I can think of where one could find a corrupt file in the preloaded operating system.

If this is the case, there's only one solution I can think of, and that's to order the recovery media from Lenovo, wipe the drive, and then perform a clean install of the operating system using the recovery media.  The reason that I suggest doing it this way, as opposed to using the recovery partition, is because I'm concerned that if there's a problem with one pre-loaded file, there may be problems with other ones, and I do not want to leave the computer in a situation where it is not working because there are problems with files in the recovery partition.

Once that is done, let us know if the correct, signed driver shows up under Device Manager.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee.

L380 YogaP50 (20EN-*)S230u (3347-4HU)T23 (2648-LU7)T42 (2378-R4U)T43p (2678-H7U)T61p (6459-CTO)W510 (4318-CTO)W530 (2441-4R3)W530 (2441-4R3)X100e (3508-CTO)X120e (0596-CTO)X220 (4286-CTO)X250 (20CM-*)Yoga 370

de.gif Deutsche Community es.gif Comunidad en Español ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество pt.gif Communidade Portugues

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors