cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pandasareawesom
Fanfold Paper
Views: 267
Message 1 of 5

P51: Lenovo Favorite Hotkey (F12 with Star Symbol) Keeps Breaking When Updating the App It Calls

I have my Favorite button on my P51 (F12 with the Star symbol) set to open up a music app (MusicBee). This was configured in Lenovo Advantage.

I've tried directly setting it using "Add Application", setting it using "Add App" and pointing it to the executable file for the program, and setting it to a shortcut for the executable program. But no matter what I do, this button stops working every time there's an update for the app it's calling, even for the almost weekly patches that I apply.

Is there anything I can do to set this so that it works all the time and I don't need to reset it every single time any type of update is applied? I don't mind if it breaks when doing a major version update (from like version 3.3 to 4.0 or so), but it breaks on literally any type of update to the program, making this very frustrating.

Lenovo Employee wangyanyan
Lenovo Employee
Views: 207
Message 2 of 5

Re: P51: Lenovo Favorite Hotkey (F12 with Star Symbol) Keeps Breaking When Updating the App It Calls

hi, pandasareawesom

Please check following tips:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Vantage-Knowledge-Base/New-version-of-Lenovo-Vantage-10-xxxx-is-...

There are some hotkey feature still missing in the current version of Vantage. And hotkey feature would be added back in 

next version or later versions

pandasareawesom
Fanfold Paper
Views: 188
Message 3 of 5

Re: P51: Lenovo Favorite Hotkey (F12 with Star Symbol) Keeps Breaking When Updating the App It Calls

That's not what I'm saying. It's not a missing feature at all. It just stops working the moment the music app is updated. For example, I just went from MusicBee version 3.3.7199 to 3.3.7201 and the favorites key stopped working, so I had to reset it to run the MusicBee.exe file. The name and location of the file never change, so I'm not sure why the hotkey keeps messing up every time the app is updated.

Lenovo Employee wangyanyan
Lenovo Employee
Views: 167
Message 4 of 5

hi,pandasareawesom

I have checked the issue with Vantage team, due to current Vantage missing some hotkey feature causes it,  we will fix it in next version or later version. Before that you can try previous enterprise version.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Vantage-Knowledge-Base/New-version-of-Lenovo-Vantage-10-xxxx-is-...

pandasareawesom
Fanfold Paper
Views: 104
Message 5 of 5

Now Lenovo Vantage updated and can no longer open an app with the hotkey, only open a website or text. You're going backwards with this whole thing.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors