Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the3dstig
Paper Tape
Views: 802
Message 1 of 9

P51 Wacom Driver?

I've got a Thinkpad p51 with the built in pen screen.

I'm not sure when it happened but I just noticed that my Lenovo Pen doesn't seem to work as expected in a few programs- namely zbrush.

I have ZERO pressure sensitivty which for a sculpting app makes it close to useless.

Photoshop still works fine but Zbrush (4R8) works with limited functionality (no pressure).

I have my old Intuos pad and that works fine, but the whole point of paying for the upgraded screen was to not have to carry around anything extra!

Trying to install the latest wacom feel driver results in "a supported tablet was not found on the system"

(using ISD_DualTouch_7.3.4-47.exe)

I suspect that this is the issue- anyone had any luck installing a wacom driver for their lenovo screen?

mame3
Punch Card
Views: 741
Message 2 of 9

Re: P51 Wacom Driver?

Hi the3dstig,

I'm not sure but why don't you try newer driver for Wacom Pen?

Thanks.

Wacom Components Driver version: 7.5.1-18

http://us.wacom.com/en/feeldriver/uwp/

the3dstig
Paper Tape
Views: 711
Message 3 of 9

Thanks!  But I've already tried that- hence trying an older version.

I still get the "a supported device was not found" error.

Landis
Paper Tape
Views: 604
Message 4 of 9

Did you guys ever figure this out? I cant install the feel driver for the p51. Im trying to be able to customize the 2 side buttons. Other thinkpads came installed with the wacom feel driver but not the p51.

the3dstig
Paper Tape
Views: 594
Message 5 of 9

Sadly, no.

I gave up and installed my wacom tablet and forgot!

I might try installing it with my wacom tablet plugged in..?

Landis
Paper Tape
Views: 587
Message 6 of 9

Ah man. Ok cool. Let me know. Also just so you know I have a ton of questions out there in the interwebs pending feedback so one of them is bound to be of help to us. They are varying solutions from autohotkey techniques of reprogramming the buttons ourself and even getting others from the tablet PC community to brainstorm about it. So hopefully something comes of it. I'll let you know if I make any progress. And let me know if that works with having a physical tablet connected. I thought of that too but didn't get that far. 

Landis
Paper Tape
Views: 537
Message 7 of 9

Did it work with wacom tablet plugged in? I still got no luck. 

Landis
Paper Tape
Views: 307
Message 8 of 9

Lenovo,

Any answer on whether this is a Wacom digitizer or not? There are 2 side buttons on the pen, I've bought the newer pen, tried installing various drivers from wacom to let me customise the side switches but it won't let me install. This laptop is fully decked out with touch/pen screen vs getting the 4k screen specifically so I could use the pen and it's a shame for a $4k plus laptop if the pen is a problem.

Roo235X
What's DOS?
Views: 37
Message 9 of 9

I also have a Wacom Intuos (PTh-451) model, and I've not been able to download any of the latest wacom drivers on my Lenovo P51 as it consistantly restarts, saying 'wacom driver not found'. The driver I do have installed is the previous 6.3.32-4, and I am forever having to restart the wacom professional services, to gain any pressure sensitivity back whilst using photoshop- it will often stop working after 10-20 minutes of drawing with my wacom pen, which is a pain!

I wonder if the P51 model is having issues with pressure sensitivity/pen overall?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors