Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ct68
Paper Tape
Views: 421
Message 1 of 2

P51 and workstation docking - problems with 1 x 4k and 1 x full hd monitors

Hello,

I have a new Lenovo P51 with quadra m1200 GPU and Windows 10 whith a workstationdock that has a problem to show 4k resolution on my Philips BDM4350UC and at the same time show full hd resolution on any other full hd monitor (have tried Lenovo and Dell monitors). The full hd-screen only show 1024 resolution. Have tried all kind of cableconfigurations (HDMI, DP, DVI, VGA) with no luck. Exept after I connected the screens directly to the P51 (which worked fine) and afterwords changed the connections to the dock and docked the P51 - then it actually managed to show 1 x 4k on the Philips monitor and full hd on two other screens (one Dell and one Lenovo monitor) and also at the same time full hd on the P51 screen. Unfortunately, when I logged on after an hour or so with the machine in sleepmode, it was all back to the beginning...

Gratefull for any advice. I know the Thunderbolt dock may solve this, but acordingly to the specs for the workstation dock should 1 x 4k (at 30 hertz) and 1 x full hd be no problem...

ct68
Paper Tape
Views: 347
Message 2 of 2

Re: P51 and workstation docking - problems with 1 x 4k and 1 x full hd monitors

Seems like a simple BIOS update fixed the problem (hopefully permanent)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors