cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alawiggle
Punch Card
Views: 201
Message 1 of 4

P51 doesn't sleep at night - battery drained to 0% in the morning.

I looked at the Event Viewer and it appears it entered sleep, and then resumed from sleep two seconds later (I'm guessing right after I shut the lid). 

How do I stop this? I have the power options to "sleep" I have tried to turn off all the "Allow this device to wake up th computer" - no matter what I try, it seems to not go to sleep. It does *sometimes* but the vast majority, it doesn't if I just shut the lid. 

My BIOS is updated. 

Is there any lesser known fix? 

EDIT: Oh yeah, and sometimes it won't wake up from sleep when pressing power, or opening lid, or pressing fn + 4. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 141
Message 2 of 4

Re: P51 doesn't sleep at night - battery drained to 0% in the morning.

Any devices plugged in?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 136
Message 3 of 4

Hello,

If you open an elevated Command Prompt (filename: CMD.EXE) and issue a powercfg /lastwake command, does it give any useful information about what even last woke the computer from sleep?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee.

L380 YogaP50 (20EN-*)S230u (3347-4HU)T23 (2648-LU7)T42 (2378-R4U)T43p (2678-H7U)T61p (6459-CTO)W510 (4318-CTO)W530 (2441-4R3)W530 (2441-4R3)X100e (3508-CTO)X120e (0596-CTO)X220 (4286-CTO)X250 (20CM-*)Yoga 370

de.gif Deutsche Community es.gif Comunidad en Español ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество pt.gif Communidade Portugues
alawiggle
Punch Card
Views: 108
Message 4 of 4

@richk wrote:

Any devices plugged in?

Aside from a mouse USB dongle, no - I had a PCI (express card? media card, I had an SD card in it) and a storage USB drive, but I thought those might be causing an issue so I got rid of them but it didn't help. 

@goretsky wrote:

Hello,

If you open an elevated Command Prompt (filename: CMD.EXE) and issue a powercfg /lastwake command, does it give any useful information about what even last woke the computer from sleep?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

No, displays nothing really - I'll try and do this the next time it happens. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors