Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olegol
Blue Screen Again
Views: 417
Message 1 of 2

P51 keyboard and wifi module turn off randomly

Hey All,

Just received my new P51 (20HH000GUS) and got issues from the very beginning: while I'm using laptop as usual (i.e. surfing Internet\playing games\working at Lightroom) keyboard and wifi module turn off randomly and without any obvious reason.

1) It can happen just after login or after 5 mins or after 1 hour, on battery or on AC. Didn't notice any pattern after 3 days of using.

2) Wifi module just turns off and exactly the same time keyboard back light blinks and keyboard also turns off. I can't enable wifi back and keyboard doesn't react at all. Meanwhile I can use trackpad, external USB devices and everything else continue to work fine.

3) System reboot helps, but the issue reproduces next time.

4) I've updated everything: BIOS (N1UET42W 1.16), Intel ME (11.8), Windows 10 (1709), all drivers. Didn't help.

Posted service request to Lenovo (SR# 8010438665), but nobody replied to me in 3 days. So looking for advise from Community.

Thanks,

Oleg.

olegol
Blue Screen Again
Views: 362
Message 2 of 2

Re: P51 keyboard and wifi module turn off randomly

Update: there are no issues with Ubuntu 17.10... Used it from Live USB for a day - keyboard and wifi were fine. So probably the root cause is in some Windows 10 drivers...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors