Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CT_LOH
Paper Tape
Views: 586
Message 1 of 5

P51 on ThinkPad 90W Ultra Dock not detecting monitor

Hi, 

I'm using a Lenovo P51 with M2200 graphic card and have a docking station 40A2. I wish to connect the two monitors to my docking station, one is VGA cable and another one is HDMI. When I dock my P51 to the docking station, the monitors could not be detected. I tried to configured my bios setting to discrete graphic setting but nothing changed. Try to put shared on dock display also but nothing works. 

When I connected one of the monitor HDMI cable to the laptop directly without going through the docking station, it works perfectly but I could not connect the VGA cable monitor to the laptop without a converter and it defeat the purpose of having a docking station. 

Anyone encounter this problem and has a solution for this problem? 

lolo77
Paper Tape
Views: 300
Message 2 of 5

Re: P51 on ThinkPad 90W Ultra Dock not detecting monitor

Same problem. Waiting for service..
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 285
Message 3 of 5

Hi there! The P51 is not listed as a compatible device to the ThinkPad 90W Ultra Dock. You can check it here: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/docking/mechanical-docks/ThinkPad-Ultra-Dock-9....

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

CT_LOH
Paper Tape
Views: 270
Message 4 of 5

Hi there, 

Just to update so that other people could benefits from the same problem. I've fixed the problem by sending the laptop back to lenovo service center. They identify that it is motherboard defect and change the whole motherboard for me. After swapping out with a new mother board, problem fixed and now i have 2 monitors connected without a problem. 

Hope this could help. 

lolo77
Paper Tape
Views: 259
Message 5 of 5

I've the 230W version of the Docking Station (40A50230EU). I'am very annoyed.. It has been working for a year without problems..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors