Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrOnline
What's DOS?
Views: 3,018
Message 1 of 5

P51 upper mouse buttons stopped working

Hi,

The lower mouse buttons on my laptop work fine. The upper ones stopped working recently.

When i first got the laptop, they worked fine. Then a few months ago, I updated drivers through Lenovo Vantage, and they stopped working. I don't rememeber what I did to resolve the issue. I may have uninstalled the drivers and used some default Microsoft ones, but they did start working again. But now I ran Vantage again a few days ago, and they are again not responding.

I would like them to work with these latest drivers supplied through Vantage.

Any ideas guys?

Lenovo Employee Rydeen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,987
Message 2 of 5

Re: P51 upper mouse buttons stopped working

Dear customer,

Can you open the mouse properties and check the TrackPoint enabled?

DrOnline
What's DOS?
Views: 2,971
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Rydeen. That fixed it. It WAS enabled, but I disabled it, pressed apply, then re-enabled it and applied again, and now it works fine.

janicecm
What's DOS?
Views: 2,878
Message 4 of 5

I am so happy to have found this fix! My touchpad buttons suddenly stopped working.  I spent a very frustrating day trying to fix it. Then I ran across this fix.  Just went into Synoptics (mouse) settings and first clicked disable TrackPoint, then clicked enable TrackPoint. And Voila!  They both started working.  Thank you folks!

dbtindall
What's DOS?
Views: 1,395
Message 5 of 5

Thanks!. I followed your instructions for my P71, and was able to get the Trackpad buttons working again. Prior to that they had become inoperative.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors