Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gkoenighain
Paper Tape
Views: 99
Message 1 of 3

P51S Power button flashing - Sleep mode issue

Hello - I have about 50 Lenovo P series Laptops running in our comapny and within the last month, 2 - P51S same make and model has had power up issues.Users reported that they "control +alt+ Del" to lock out their laptops and when then returned the laptop was DOA.

The signs are that the power power light is flashing every second ( Indicates in sleep mode)- FAn attempts to start but does not.

I have tried plugging in different AC power adapter, disconnecting both external and internal batteries. No change. I have openned laptop and disconnected SSD, Wireless card, ROM battery, fan, speakers etc testing and no difference. I have tried to discharge by removing all power and and tapping power button 10 times and hold in for 30 seconds. No change.  I find it strange that 2 identical laptops would suffer the same issue at the same time?? Looking on internet - this looks like hugh problem that maybe linked to the motherboard issues on this make and model.

I have called Lenovo and since out of warranty - sorry.

So please help if anyone has any other ideas to try.

Thank you in advance

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 77
Message 2 of 3

Re: P51S Power button flashing - Sleep mode issue

Hello Gkoenighain! Thanks for posting in our community. We're really sorry to hear that those laptop failed at the same time. It might be coincedence. You may visit or contact our local service center for repair options and possible quotation. https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht118678

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Gkoenighain
Paper Tape
Views: 58
Message 3 of 3

Re: P51S Power button flashing - Sleep mode issue

After researching on the internet this appears to be a known issue with the motherboards on the Lenovo Thinkpads P51s with dual batteries. Unable to locate any replacement motherboards - We now have 2 Lenovo Thinkpads that are paperweights.

Repairs will exceed the value of the laptops - Great Product as these units survived just long enough to make it pass the Warranty period.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors