Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gideon_G
Paper Tape
Views: 861
Message 1 of 6

P51S won't charge and won't turn on.

Hello,

I recently purchased a P51S laptop and last night it drained the battery. Now it won't respond to anything-- the indicator lights do not come on when I plug in the AC adapter. I tried to use the press-and-hold power button for 20 seconds solution but the laptop has two batteries (one internal and one that can be removed) so it didn't work. How can I start it up?

luckypunq
Punch Card
Views: 835
Message 2 of 6

Re: P51S won't charge and won't turn on.

Have you tried removing the removable battery and starting up powering from the wall socket ?

Highlighted
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 822
Message 3 of 6

@Gideon_G wrote:

Hello,

I recently purchased a P51S laptop and last night it drained the battery. Now it won't respond to anything-- the indicator lights do not come on when I plug in the AC adapter. I tried to use the press-and-hold power button for 20 seconds solution but the laptop has two batteries (one internal and one that can be removed) so it didn't work. How can I start it up?

Good day and welcome to the community.

Sorry you're having difficulty.
Have you tried the emergency reset hole/button on the machine's underside?

See page 5 of: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/t570_p51s_ug_en.pdf

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Gideon_G
Paper Tape
Views: 807
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the welcome.

I actually read the manual and tried to figure out what the reset button did, as I didn't know if it would reset my data as well. There's no mention of what the reset button does than when checking if the AC power cord and batteries work. However, I took a chance on it and tried the reset button-- my PC worked in a jiffy. Thank you for your advice. It really worked.

Gideon_G
Paper Tape
Views: 806
Message 5 of 6

I tried it so many times and didn't work. The way it worked is when I used the reset button on the underside of the laptop. 

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 798
Message 6 of 6

@Gideon_G wrote:

Thanks for the welcome.

I actually read the manual and tried to figure out what the reset button did, as I didn't know if it would reset my data as well. There's no mention of what the reset button does than when checking if the AC power cord and batteries work. However, I took a chance on it and tried the reset button-- my PC worked in a jiffy. Thank you for your advice. It really worked.

Glad things are squared away for you.

Happy computing!

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors