Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moose007
Paper Tape
Views: 182
Message 1 of 5

P51s bricked after bios update 1.35?

Unfortunately my p51s is dead after a bios update. It automatically downloaded from Windows 10 and attempted to install but never restarted.  I don't restart that often, and a few weeks later went to restart, and the computer just hanged at the Leonvo loading screen. The computer launches to the bios screen, but then to Boot Menu and wont load from there. At one point the startup interrupt was working, and I got in and saw the last version of bios updated was 1.35. My issue appears to be the exact same issue as reported in this thread.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/UEFI-BIOS-update-1-33-gt-1-35-bricked-my-L46...

Is there a way to flash the bios to 1.37 from a USB. What is the fix for this? Must I send it in to Lenovo? Is this a Bios issues or something else?

A little more info, it says bios version n1vet45w.

I believe this is the issue, because I thought HD was dead/not being acknowledged. I switched out to another hd it came with, and the exact same thing happened, it would not load into windows. It will hang, then go to Boot Manager and I know the HD is good.

Is this a Bios issue?

thanks

Claudio40
Paper Tape
Views: 178
Message 2 of 5

Re: P51s bricked after bios update 1.35

Me pueden decir la santisima madre como hago para poner un tema nuevo porque mí problemas no lo tiene nadie. Y diacudis por repoder acá

moose007
Paper Tape
Views: 176
Message 3 of 5

Re: P51s bricked after bios update 1.35

duplicate

moose007
Paper Tape
Views: 88
Message 4 of 5

Re: P51s bricked after bios update 1.35?

Hello?

Does Lenovo support read these forums? Is there a way to flash bios from a USB. When I downloaded the iso it wouldnt allow me to convert with the software. I need this problem fixed. Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 75
Message 5 of 5

Re: P51s bricked after bios update 1.35?

The BIOS downloads for newer ThinkPad models provide a mechanism for building a bootable BIOS update flash drive:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Linux-Discussion-Knowledge-Base/Update-ThinkPad-BIOS-with-bootable-flas...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors