cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TaoSan
Not applicable
Views: 1,343
Message 91 of 133

Re: P52 4K, reboot three times forever, after Update Intel ME 12.0 Firmware. Via Lenovo Vantage

madveila
Not applicable
Views: 1,339
Message 92 of 133

Re: P52 4K, reboot three times forever, after Update Intel ME 12.0 Firmware. Via Lenovo Vantage

Yeah I tried that along with the updated firmware on Lenovo's support page and neither work. The firmware update fails and I'm still left with an empty field for the ME firmware version in the BIOS.
TaoSan
Not applicable
Views: 1,307
Message 93 of 133

No, the file I showed you is different. It isn't available on Lenovo page. You can download it from that link and run. It's work, I confirm it. Hope it'll work for you too.
jimm98y1
Not applicable
Views: 1,286
Message 94 of 133

I am in the same situation right now. I installed BIOS 1.18 and the ME update and I've got the long boot time issue (30 seconds on a black screen when nothing happens, then Lenovo logo shows up). I didn't do anything about it, there were no errors so I thought I'll wait till an automatic update fixes it.

Today I updated to BIOS 1.22 hoping the issues were resolved in the update. After the update, I noticed the issue is still there. I entered BIOS only to find out the ME engine version is gone now, there is an empty place instead. On the Config page I can see the Management Engine is set to "Enabled". When I open the "Intel Management and Security Status" in Windows, the IME Status is "Information unavailable". After that I found this thread and read it till the end, then I downloaded the zip from here and run the command. Laptop goes to sleep, wakes up, runs the cmd, the window opens for 2-3 seconds and then exits. Nothing else happens - no reboot, no error, just closes itself.

Before that I've tried the ME Firmware update from the Lenovo support page, it exited with an error saying "Error 69: Unknown or unsupported hardware platform". What should I do now?

jimm98y1
Not applicable
Views: 1,277
Message 95 of 133

So I uninstalled "Intel Management Engine" software and now I get "This platform is not supported." error message when trying to reinstall it. At least they are consistent with the firmware update utility. (update: -preinst option fixed that)

MEInfoWin.exe says ME disabled, but in BIOS it is set to Enabled and I am afraid to change the setting. In Windows, the device is hidden in the Device Manager, when I turn on "Show hidden devices" it shows up and its status is "Disconnected". 

madveila
Not applicable
Views: 1,242
Message 96 of 133

@TaoSan wrote:
No, the file I showed you is different. It isn't available on Lenovo page. You can download it from that link and run. It's work, I confirm it. Hope it'll work for you too.

I understand that. I have tried the file listed here in this thread on page 7 and it doesn't work for me. I've also tried the ME firmware update of the same version from Lenovo's website and it doesn't work either. jimm98y1 seems to have the same problem as me as well as a few other towards the end of this post. I can't speak for them, but I've never had the 3 reboot issue. What we are left with now is a blank screen for 30 seconds when you turn the laptop on and then the Lenovo logo appears and the system boots normally. However, in the BIOS the ME firmware version is blank and in Windows it's as though there is no ME hardware. Firmware updates say the hardware is disabled and driver updates result in a "platform not supported" error. Essentially it's as though the ME hardware is disabled.

madveila
Not applicable
Views: 1,238
Message 97 of 133

@jimm98y1 wrote:

I am in the same situation right now. I installed BIOS 1.18 and the ME update and I've got the long boot time issue (30 seconds on a black screen when nothing happens, then Lenovo logo shows up). I didn't do anything about it, there were no errors so I thought I'll wait till an automatic update fixes it.

Today I updated to BIOS 1.22 hoping the issues were resolved in the update. After the update, I noticed the issue is still there. I entered BIOS only to find out the ME engine version is gone now, there is an empty place instead. On the Config page I can see the Management Engine is set to "Enabled". When I open the "Intel Management and Security Status" in Windows, the IME Status is "Information unavailable". After that I found this thread and read it till the end, then I downloaded the zip from here and run the command. Laptop goes to sleep, wakes up, runs the cmd, the window opens for 2-3 seconds and then exits. Nothing else happens - no reboot, no error, just closes itself.

Before that I've tried the ME Firmware update from the Lenovo support page, it exited with an error saying "Error 69: Unknown or unsupported hardware platform". What should I do now?

I am having the same issue as you. It's somewhat different than this original post in that there aren't 3 reboots before Windows starts, but related to the ME firmware. A couple other users have reported it and Lenovo staffer someotherguy seemed to know what the issue was and said he would work with the other user privately. I've private messaged him hoping for a resolution, when I hear back from him I'll let you know what I find out as well as ask him to reach out to you with the same resolution.

jimm98y1
Not applicable
Views: 1,232
Message 98 of 133

Thanks. For me, not having ME is not an issue since I do not need ME firmware and had I known there is an option in BIOS to disable it, I would have disabled it already. But the 30 seconds black screen is a big issue on a new machine like this one.

Pzambito
Not applicable
Views: 1,143
Message 99 of 133

Hi, I downloaded this file - I was having this exact issue after updating to .1310 Intel ME firmware.  However when I unzip the file and run the ".cmd" file as instructed i see a message saying "Search for app in the store?  You need to install an app for this task, would you like to search for one in the Store?"  If I choose yes, nothing happens. 

If i try to run the exe files directly I get  "invalid usage error "

Any ideas?  Thanks!

Peter

LESKO
Not applicable
Views: 1,116
Message 100 of 133

I have 12.0.22.1310 on my P52 cant upgrade from .zip file from page 7 or the latest version from Lenovo support 12.0.24.1314, what to do?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors