cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,978
Message 101 of 134

Re: P52 4K, reboot three times forever, after Update Intel ME 12.0 Firmware. Via Lenovo Vantage

If you have the problem where "ME Firmware Version" is showing as blank in BIOS Setup, would you please do these steps to help us troubleshoot the issue?

1.  reboot the machine

2.  log in Windows

3.  sleep the machine (e.g., press Fn+4, or else choose "sleep" option from start menu)

4.  wait 30 seconds, then wake from sleep

5.  download and unzip this file:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApXWjQB7_a1bhf1Fo1btMuc2Dcy15Q

6.  open a command prompt as administrator (this means, find Command Prompt in start menu, right-click on it, and "Run as administrator"

7.  in the command prompt, change to the folder that you unzipped in step #5

8.  run this command:   MeInfoWin64.exe -verbose > meinfo.txt

9.  run this command:   MeInfoWin64.exe -fwsts > fwsts.txt

10.  run this command:  FPTW64.exe -d imagedump.bin

11.  reboot and press F1 to enter BIOS Setup.  Take a picture of this screen which can show all information on it.

12.  zip up the picture from step 11, meinfo.txt, fwsts.txt, and imagedump.bin.  It will be too big for attaching here so please put it on OneDrive/GoogleDrive/Dropbox/etc and send me the link by private message.  

The key point is to make sure you sleep/resume BEFORE running the commands in steps 8-10.

Thank you for your help, and sorry for this trouble.

HoKeun
Punch Card
Views: 1,935
Message 102 of 134

Re: P52 4K, reboot three times forever, after Update Intel ME 12.0 Firmware. Via Lenovo Vantage

The result value for that content.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkIChztmNFy02EunZEwHqkMWrONt

madveila
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,924
Message 103 of 134

@someotherguy wrote:

If you have the problem where "ME Firmware Version" is showing as blank in BIOS Setup, would you please do these steps to help us troubleshoot the issue?

1.  reboot the machine

2.  log in Windows

3.  sleep the machine (e.g., press Fn+4, or else choose "sleep" option from start menu)

4.  wake from sleep

5.  download and unzip this file:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApXWjQB7_a1bhf1Fo1btMuc2Dcy15Q

6.  open a command prompt as administrator (this means, find Command Prompt in start menu, right-click on it, and "Run as administrator"

7.  in the command prompt, change to the folder that you unzipped in step #5

8.  run this command:   MeInfoWin64.exe > meinfo.txt

9.  run this command:   MeInfoWin64.exe -fwsts > fwsts.txt

10.  run this command:  FPTW64.exe -d imagedump.bin

11.  zip up meinfo.txt, fwsts.txt, and imagedump.bin and share the .zip file to me on OneDrive/Dropbox/etc

The key point is to make sure you sleep/resume BEFORE running the commands in steps 8-10.

Thank you for your help, and sorry for this trouble.

The results you've asked for are here:

https://kittelsonassociates-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/jthomas_kittelson_com/EYHUSI3TIFNFpAm6E...

jimm98y1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,899
Message 104 of 134

Pzambito
Punch Card
Views: 1,768
Message 105 of 134

Many thanks to someotherguy for finally getting the fix to work!  For anyone still struggling with ME version x.1310 seems there are several different ways the firmware update could have screwed up and someotherguy was able to go thru a bunch of them with me, finally leading to a fix and update to x.1314. 

Hopefully everyone else on this post is experiencing similar success.   Take care, all!

Peter

fresird
Paper Tape
Views: 1,512
Message 106 of 134

This is the result. the model is P52, 8750H, 1080P. need to wait about 30s to boot to the logo. ME firmware verison is blank. I can not use the tool you post to fix the problem, It says "Error 85: Communication error between application and Intel(R) ME module (HCI client)"

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,442
Message 107 of 134

Your log shows the ME is disabled, and it can't be updated in this state.  Did you sleep/resume the machine before collecting this log?

There is another thing you can try:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApXWjQB7_a1bhf1KJ1Jt4y37LtdB-g

1.  download and unzip to "c:\test"

2.  open command prompt as administrator, and cd to "c:\test"

3.  run this command:  meupdate_add_delay.cmd

4.  the system will automatically sleep and resume, then wait a bit, then flash the firmware

5.  if any error, get the screenshot and send it to me.

6.  if no error, reboot the system and check if the problems are fixed

fresird
Paper Tape
Views: 1,390
Message 108 of 134

@someotherguy wrote:

Your log shows the ME is disabled, and it can't be updated in this state.  Did you sleep/resume the machine before collecting this log?

There is another thing you can try:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApXWjQB7_a1bhf1KJ1Jt4y37LtdB-g

1.  download and unzip to "c:\test"

2.  open command prompt as administrator, and cd to "c:\test"

3.  run this command:  meupdate_add_delay.cmd

4.  the system will automatically sleep and resume, then wait a bit, then flash the firmware

5.  if any error, get the screenshot and send it to me.

6.  if no error, reboot the system and check if the problems are fixed

Hi, someotherguy,

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,362
Message 109 of 134

fresird

Let me check if there is anything else we can do besides suggesting to use your warranty to replace motherboard.  Please give me a day or two.  Sorry for this trouble.

fresird
Paper Tape
Views: 1,342
Message 110 of 134

@someotherguy wrote:

fresird

Let me check if there is anything else we can do besides suggesting to use your warranty to replace motherboard.  Please give me a day or two.  Sorry for this trouble.

Hi someotherguy,

Thanks for the update. I can wait. Please keep working, I would like to use a update to fix the problem rather than replacing the motherboard. It cost time. I have already replaced one because of other problem. the P52 model I use is 8750H, P1000, 1080P, 500G HDD.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors