cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CR31
Fanfold Paper
Views: 980
Message 21 of 133

Re: P52 4K, reboot three times forever, after Update Intel ME 12.0 Firmware. Via Lenovo Vantage

My machine is thinkpad p72, machine type 20mbcto1ww. 2186m+p5200+4k+64gb ecc. System is installed by lenovo official thinkpad p72’s win 10 pro ws recovery media usb stick, 100% clean. I can 100% confirm with you that, if you use lenovo vantage to update this 1310 me firmware, you 100% percentage got this issue. I mean since then whenever you turn on or reboot the machine, the will restart 3 times. And if you hit crtl+p, it just tells you fw status error on the upper left corner of the screen. 

And because of this, lenovo premier support has replaced my motherboad. And they remind me again and again that please use lenovo vantage to update everything shows there, including this 1310 me fw.

Now here is the thing, when I installed this new replacement motherboard, I set bios and everything to default factory settings. I use lenovo vantage to update the system, but I particulrly ignore this me fw update. And things work fine. However I found the cpu performance is significantly slower than my previous cpu, and I have tried several bios, old and new, problem remains. So I called premier support yesterday, and we were connect. On the phone, they told me to reset bios to factory default, I did. Then told me to lenovo vantage to update the system, and I told them yes indeed I found this 1310 me fw in vantage, are they sure that I need to install this fw in vantage? They confirmed yes, so I clicked the install button in vantage. Then there appeared a cmd windows, and it clearly showed the progress of flashing fw, and it showed flashing is successful. Then the system restarted automatically and I got this 3 reboots issue exactly as before. Then premier support were surprised, and they asked me to use lenovo diagnostics program to do an extensive test. And told me they will call me later today. I did the diagnosis which took several hours, it showed no error.

by the way, repeat, AMT is always enabled, bios is factory default. 

Now I feel quite bad, and yes I wanted to confirm this problem. And I hope the problem could be fixed soon. 

CR31
Fanfold Paper
Views: 970
Message 22 of 133

Re: P52 4K, reboot three times forever, after Update Intel ME 12.0 Firmware. Via Lenovo Vantage

My machine is P72, bios is default setting. Amt enabled. Exactly the same issue as other guys.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 965
Message 23 of 133

@CR31 wrote:

My machine is P72, bios is default setting. Amt enabled. Exactly the same issue as other guys.

Thanks.  We pulled the update from the server.  We may be able to come up with a procedure to fix this problem without replacing hardware.  The team is in Japan so I won't hear anything else until next week.  Sorry for this trouble.

CR31
Fanfold Paper
Views: 935
Message 24 of 133

Thanks. 

As far as I know, although I cannot 100% confirm, it seems all influenced machines are US models. It is possible that machines sold in like Japan, China, Hongkong etc might not be influenced. Again yes please check. Thanks.

Pieros12
Paper Tape
Views: 870
Message 25 of 133

I live in Italy and unfortunately I am having the same problem. Looking for a quick fix as well
ThinkPadUser99
Fanfold Paper
Views: 804
Message 26 of 133

I have P72. Same issue. My replacement P72 came with updated ME firmware and it exhibits the same symptom. We need fix soon. Original P72 that I sent back did not have this issue because I skipped ME firmware update.

AT_Sandro
Fanfold Paper
Views: 757
Message 27 of 133

Hi,

i already started a topic in the german community.

My P52 has the same Problem after updating the BIOS and ME

It reboots several times at startup. CTRL P says FW Status Error and i cant update the ME manually

BIOS AMT Option is enabled.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 683
Message 28 of 133

All,

I was able to reproduce this problem today.  We will investigate it and and let you know how to fix it.  Sorry for this trouble.

con06
Fanfold Paper
Views: 662
Message 29 of 133

ThinkPad P1

Part Number : 20MDS00P00

cpu: i7 8850 with vpro

When I update the intel ME 12.0 Firmware (12.0.22.1310), I have the same issue.

Waiting for it to be fixed.

pjg
802.11n
Views: 650
Message 30 of 133

Is it possible to back-off the IME firmware like we can do for the BIOS ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors