05-13-2019 10:25 AM
Here is the driver that fixes BSOD problem (n2cst10w.exe): https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApXWjQB7_a1bhf520CTh6dw0EUM3wg
Here is the trial firmware to fix lag problem (ELAN_debug_3.zip): https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApXWjQB7_a1bhf4R5oQWKwwEReMGSQ
To install this firmware:
1. download and unzip it
2. from P52_Debug_Firmware folder, double-click on iap1004_P52.exe
3. on the Welcome to the Update... page, click Next
4. on the Select Destination Location page, change the default location to something like C:\ElanDebug (it is important to change the default path to some new folder which doesn't already exist)
5. If you see a message like "The folder already exists", please go back to step 4 and try again
6. on the Ready to Install page, click Install
7. on the Completing the Update page, make sure the Run FWUpdate.exe checkbox is checked, then click on Finish
8. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the firmware update, which will take a minute or two
If you want to go back to production firmware, use the P52_production_firmware folder and follow the same steps.
05-13-2019 10:47 AM
05-13-2019 10:58 PM
05-14-2019 06:09 AM
Hey someother guy,
I'm running a new T480s ...
No, you definitely don't want to put the P52 trial firmware on your T480s.
Please, open a separate thread in the T-series forum if you want to discuss a T480s problem.
05-14-2019 06:17 AM
05-14-2019 06:23 AM
shullf1, thanks for your feedback. Can you please keep testing with the debug firmware and give me another update (either good or bad) in a couple days?
05-14-2019 06:27 AM
05-14-2019 10:48 AM
Just to chime in, I still have not experienced any lag since installing the new firmware a few weeks ago. I have experienced a couple instances where the trackpad becomes unresponsive for a few seconds, but those occurances are few and far between.