Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
compguy07
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,170
Message 1 of 6

P52 Keyboard Removal Tool

So, I got a P52 and found out it require a special tool to remove the keyboard. It came with 8GB or RAM and I want to add another 8GB. The first two slots are under the keyboard, though. I imagine I can just install the second stick in the second bank, but I don't really want to do that. The part# for the tool is: 01LX856. Of course, it is no where to be found to purchase. Lenovo part store doesn't even recognize the part#. Encompass.com lists it, but says mid Aug until in stock.

I would love to meet the designer who thought this was a good idea. I mean really, talk about a completely undeeded design.

iampedroNL
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 6,100
Message 2 of 6

Re: P52 Keyboard Removal Tool

I am reaching out to my lenovo rep and seeing when he can get that tool also... I ordered 2 dock's and they won't come in till August 22nd.

compguy07
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,079
Message 3 of 6

Okay, I asked my D&H Lenovo rep, and they could not get it either. After looking over the manual, I figured out the tool is not fully necessary. A thin guitar pick or similar tool and small flathead will substitute for the tool. Use the pick to lift off the left/righ click buttons. Loosen the two phillips. Then use the flathead to carefully lift and push up the keyboard about a millimeter or two and it will release and you can then just push forward a bit more to release the rest of the bottom of the keyboard and lift it up and out.IMG_0465.jpgIMG_0466.jpg

ifknot
Paper Tape
Views: 5,553
Message 4 of 6

This is very helpful, anything further on the 'tool' itself? Reading the User Guide suggests that it comes as part of the replacement keyboard package and may not be available seperately?

Thanks again for this.

iampedroNL
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 5,548
Message 5 of 6

I ordered mine from encompass.com fyi... It says I should get it by next month though.

BTTE
Paper Tape
Views: 3,736
Message 6 of 6

Someone posted up a video on YouTube. Wish I saw this before I tried it on my own LOL.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors