Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
patrickisbusy
Punch Card
Views: 1,494
Message 1 of 10

P52 Touchpad Latency

I recently got a P52 i7. I'm having a weird problem with the touchpad. Most of the time it works just fine, but seemingly at random, it'll start to lag behind my finger movements. It doesn't stutter or freeze or get choppy; it still works smoothly, it's just at least 50-100ms slower than whatever my fingers are doing. This applies to all gestures and just moving the cursor around.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers to no avail. I even did a clean install of Windows but nothing has solved my problem. Sometimes it goes away after a minute or so but other times I need to reboot to get it to function normally again. The trackpoint works fine and so does plugging in a mouse. I've messed with every setting possible to try and fix it.

Any ideas?

sspt
Paper Tape
Views: 1,405
Message 2 of 10

Re: P52 Touchpad Latency

Hi!

I have same with my Thinkpad L460

I found, that touchpad lags stars when battery does not charging and notebook plugged in.

Also, when I remove battery form notebook when plugged in , or switch to battery lags gone too.

n1ncha
What's DOS?
Views: 1,375
Message 3 of 10

I am also having this problem. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, disabling various sensitivity settings within windows control panel, etc.

patrickisbusy
Punch Card
Views: 1,366
Message 4 of 10

I ended up sending mine in for warranty repair. Support has been awful in actually informing me what's going on, but what I can gather from the many phone calls is that it's a hardware problem and the repair is on parts hold because whatever part is faulty is unavailable. I just don't know if it's the touchpad or what. It's been a little over a week so hopefully I hear something soon. 

n1ncha
What's DOS?
Views: 1,359
Message 5 of 10

Interesting. It does seem that it only happens while plugged in with battery. I just spent a few hours with it on my lap at home and had no problems. I hadn't made the connection until I read the suggestion above my original post. I suppose I will just deal with it for now as when I'm plugged in I'm often using a mouse anyways. 

sirShaun
What's DOS?
Views: 1,249
Message 6 of 10

I'm also having this issue as well! Lenovo please fix this issue ASAP. It's been going on for months!

patrickisbusy
Punch Card
Views: 1,239
Message 7 of 10

An update,

I did end up getting my machine back from being 'repaired'. They replaced the touchpad, but the issue still persists. I can reproduce this problem even if I uninstall all ELAN drivers and just use the touchpad as a generic device. I'm hesitant to send my machine back to the depot again as it took a really long time to get 'repaired' the first time, but when I get in touch with them, that's the only option they give me; send it back to the depot for repair.

Really wish someone from Lenovo would acknowledge this is an issue.

Carghaez
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,114
Message 8 of 10

Same problem for me. It's really annoying that latency! I hope we could find a solution.

ResurrectionJoe
What's DOS?
Views: 223
Message 9 of 10

Same problem here.

For me it appears to happen after a couple sleep/wakeup cycles, when I'm using it on battery power.

Sometimes the lag is so bad I have to restart or plug the power.

My P52s also appears to suffer from another battery related issue: when screen brightness is < 50% on battery, the screen starts to flicker. The more I reduce the brightness, the more it flickers. Took it to the service center, they updated the drivers and the problem is still there.

I've had good laptops with fewer annoying issues. :/

Andrey

MattCotton
What's DOS?
Views: 96
Message 10 of 10

Same problem here. Randomly switches between no latency and bordering on unusable. I've also noticed that when it's lagging button presses are also unreliable. It feels like events are being buffered and dropped randomly. Happens when plugged in, on battery, performance mode, power saver. It doesn't matter.

I've made sure all the drivers are up to date. No change.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors