10-08-2019 02:20 AM
I encountered consistant WHEA uncorrectable error and freezing since last month.
It has two typical symtoms:
1. BSOD with WHEA uncorrectable error. It only occurs when I was using my laptop, stress test or running program when I was left never triggered such error. Usually a BSOD happened, gathering information process would be triggered and it starts from 0% until reach 100%, but in my case it never grow over 0%, and never leave a dump file, so I have no idea what process caused this.
2. Freezing. It freezed suddenly and only happens when I was using my laptop. Once it freezed, nothing can recover it except a force shutdown. The screen stucked and show the contents where it was at the last moment and all led and lights in keyboard is on and pressing capslock can't change its state.
At begining, it happens about at every 2-6 hours, and quite random. Sometimes it was BSOD WHEA, sometimes it was freezing.
I troubleshoot this by following:
1. Reinstall with clean install (1903). Doesn't work.
2. Reinstall all firmwares, bios, os, drivers, reset bios, doesn't work.
3. Replace another RAM, not solved, so it's not a RAM issue.
4. Replace another SSD and do step 2, not solved, so it's not a SSD issue.
5. Replace another adaptor, and not solved, so it's not adaptor isssue.
1. Do CPU stress test (prime95) and GPU stress test (furmark) over 100 hours, but no BSOD or freezing happened, it passed this test.
2. Do memest64 over dozens of hours, all passed.
(again, it only happens when I was operating my device with some like mouse, keyboard, headphone ...)
3. In service center, they reset my bios to the factory mode, (bios version 1.22, and IME version is also quite low), BSOD and freezing is gone for two weeks, everything work great, until it came back after updating my OS with KB4524147. But this time, BSOD and freezing frequency is much lower than before, it happens about every 1-2 days.
Quite weird, isn't it?
Never seen such a problem since I was born.
10-09-2019 02:33 AM - edited 10-09-2019 02:37 AM
1) I replaced keyboard, and turn off touchpad, doesn't work either.
2) I found some patterns about BSOD and freezing, it is strongly related to Bluetooth modules/Bluetooth headphones/HD audio/Intel graphics. Everytime it happens, I was always playing youtube with bluetooth headphone connected.
Also, as I posted in other post, everytime I play youtube with bluetooth headphone cross with Netflix, I randomly got some symtoms like audio lagging, and the only solution is reconnect bluetooth headphone.
10-10-2019 12:12 AM
One day passed since I physically removed wifi card, everything is fine.
Now I can say it's definitely a failed wifi card problem. The symptoms are so weird that I spent a bunch of time to figure out what's really going on.
BTW, I know a guy who owns a P1 with the same wifi card, got random BSOD and the problem got fixed after replacing a new wifi card.
For those who got similar problems, I hope this thread would be a useful reference.
If you have an intel ac 9560 wifi card and randomly got BSOD or freezing, you should troubleshoot from removing your wi-fi card first.