cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CNARAY
Fanfold Paper
Views: 297
Message 11 of 15

Re: P52 will not load the Thunderbolt Firmware.

Yes I did that and still no menu. You should remote into my PC
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 292
Message 12 of 15

@CNARAY wrote:
Yes I did that and still no menu. You should remote into my PC

OK, I'm willing to do that, I sent you a private message

CNARAY
Fanfold Paper
Views: 290
Message 13 of 15

Thanks for the try and I bet what ever is causing this is also causing the ME firmware update to kill the Bios.  I don't use intel AMT so I don't need the ME firmware updated.  4 MoBos is enough to know that I will never try to update that again.  I was thinking that I use a NVMe 2 gig OS drive and a 2 Gig Sata SSD as storage and that may be why this worked on the other P52's that had HDD installed for their OS...???

I'm guessing cause I tried everything you did today and more and still have the problem.  I even did MSconfig to Diagnosic load of the OS and it still did not load.  I turned down the UAC and still no luck. Hopefully you'll find the answere tomorrow.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 256
Message 14 of 15

I'm checking with our thunderbolt expert about how to troubleshoot this further, but I didn't get any feedback yet.  Please wait a bit.  Sorry for this trouble.

CNARAY
Fanfold Paper
Views: 233
Message 15 of 15

I tried a Quick respond but it did not take...  You can close this ticket as I decided to pull all my drives out and put in the original HDD.  Stopped all updates from windows and Lenovo, except the TB software and Firemware.  Loaded the software and then loaded the firmware and it went through.  Now have the most resent FW  36.00  I think it's the type of drive I have my OS on.  I think...???

Thanks for you help, even though you did not get back to me today.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors