Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ingber
Punch Card
Views: 1,226
Message 1 of 2

P52 with Fibocom L850-GL CAT9 M.2 WWAN?

I want to know if a Lenovo P52 WWAN card will permit me to use that laptop as an additional device in our Google Fi account, which we use for our Android phones.  The card Fibocom L850-GL 4G LTE-A cat 9 is listed as available for P52 workstations.  A Fi chat said that I should use a "data only SIM card", but that does not help me unless I know how to use that in the P52.   I understatnd that the Fibocom card is supposed to work with Verizon, but I want to know if it will also work with Google Fi.

https://www.ingber.com
mkaplan
What's DOS?
Views: 1,075
Message 2 of 2

Re: P52 with Fibocom L850-GL CAT9 M.2 WWAN?

I have a L850-GL in my X1 Carbon Gen6 using a Google Fi data-only SIM.  It works just fine everywhere in the US, but when I went to Mexico a couple of weeks ago (Puerto Penasco) it didn't work there.  My phones did (Moto X4 and Pixel 3), but I didn't really need the WWAN card as I had wifi and was only there for a weekend, so I didn't try troubleshooting it at all.  I am going to Puerto Vallerta in a couple of weeks for an entire week and will hopefully be using it there.  If not, I'll hotspot of my phone.  My phones worked great in France and Beligium last year too, but I didn't have a WWAN in my P51 when I went, so I don't know how it would have faired.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors