Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhikl
Paper Tape
Views: 423
Message 1 of 2

P52 with lid closed

Lenovo Thinkpad workstation P52

I use the lenovo workstation P52 and I just got the lenovo workstation thunderbolt dock for use at home.

While working with the external keyboard, mouse and the monitor using the dock, I prefer to keep the lid of the laptop closed as I only work using the external monitors.

My question is regarding the ventillation. I tried to figure out the ventillation slots on the laptop but I just want to be sure.

Will working (sometimes heavy photo editing - workstation stuuf) with the screen closed cause any ventillation issues with the laptop - are any ventillation slots blocked when the screen is closed?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 313
Message 2 of 2

Re: P52 with lid closed

Hi abhikl!

Welcome to the Community,

Closing the lid while the laptop is on shouldn't affect the ventilation, since the Fan Louvers are located in different location (See attached photo). You may also check the settings when the lid is closed to make sure that the laptop won't hibernate or shutdown. To do that, right click on the Battery Icon>Select Power Options>In the left pane, click on Choose what closing the Lid does option. Under When I Closer the Lid option, choose Do Nothing from the drop down menu for both On Battery and Plugged In.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors