cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
York2k
Paper Tape
Views: 2,578
Message 1 of 6

P52s: Can I disabled integrated Intel GPU in BIOS?

Hello,

I am thinking to buy P52s with NVidia Quadro P500 gpu, and would like to know if I can completely disable Intel HD graphics in BIOS?

I had ThinkPad p70 before and I remember I was able to disable Intel HD in BIOS and run only using NVidia discrete gpu. Can I do the same with P52s?

Thanks.

lennonb
Paper Tape
Views: 2,386
Message 2 of 6

Re: P52s: Can I disabled integrated Intel GPU in BIOS?

Hi York2k,

I rebooted my P52s and got into the bios. Unless I missed the setting, you cannot diasable the Intel GPU. The only thing you can change related to the graphics is how much system memory to allocate to the Intel GPU (256 or 512MB), and the monitor output priority (HDMI or USB-C). I think you just have to rely on the nVidia configuration utility to enable the nVidia GPU for each app you want to use with it.

Brian

York2k
Paper Tape
Views: 2,383
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your reply!

Well, now I don't know what to do. I need 15" laptop with 4K resolution where I can disable Intel Graphics and run only on discrete GPU...

lennonb
Paper Tape
Views: 2,380
Message 4 of 6

It would be considerably more expensive, but you might give Boxx a call. The GoBoxx SLM looks to be a great system, but know it also uses the hybrid approach. They would definitely be able to answer whether it can be disabled or not. You can contact them here: http://www.boxx.com/sales-inquiry-form

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,374
Message 5 of 6

P51 can  disable integrated.  P52? is coming, but nobody knows when.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
York2k
Paper Tape
Views: 2,366
Message 6 of 6

Thanks. 

I hope that  I can find ThinkPad with ability to completely disable Intel GPU in BIOS... I will wait...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors