Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
largeHonker
Paper Tape
Views: 507
Message 1 of 1

P52s volatile disk and CPU usage

I recently ordered a P52s, and upon starting it up, I noticed it ran a little slow with lots of whirring coming from the fans. When I open task manager, the disk usage always starts at 100% for a few minutes, then it calms down and oscillates between 40-90%. The CPU also experiences this volatile usage, but to a lesser extent. For example, the CPU usually oscillates between 5-30%, but it's extremely inconsistent and jumpy. 

It's evident that the performance of the machine is affected by this issue, as I can't even open notepad or chrome without serious delays and cursor lagging. Some processes that are causing the high disk/CPU usage are Superfetch, Chrome(when its running), wsappx, Antimalware Service Executable, and more. The culprit being across multiple processes leads me to believe that there may be a more serious underlying issue. 

Chatting with live support lead to a couple diagnostic tests and driver updates, but the problem is not fixed. Does anyone have any experience or ideas that could help me fix the issue?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors