Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iceman_52
Paper Tape
Views: 952
Message 1 of 2

P52s - worth buying?

Hi!

I would like to buy P52s or T580 with a dedicated GPU and I'm wondering if these products are worth buying. I have read some complaints about the heat, fan and power management issues. I had an E540 and it had power management issues. It's in the trash now, Lenovo just gave up on this model and I lost my money. Are these new products any better? Would you go with P51s instead of P52s?

lenardg
802.11n
Views: 929
Message 2 of 2

Re: P52s - worth buying?

Between the T580 and the P52s I would choose the P52s. The P series - mobile workstations - are more destinated for power hungry work. Although that said, these two models are rather close to one another. 

Rest assured the T and P series both belong to the higher ThinkPad categories, and should receive many years of support. I would suggest you buy your notebook with at least 3 years of warranty, maybe even 4. (3 years is standard in Europe anyway for P and T series). We (my company) are currently planning with about 4 years of usage for the P series models we have, and have gotten 4 years onsite warranty with them.

If you want a machine for the long term, I would suggest choosing the P52s over the P51s. 

Are they any better? Who knows? People often complain that ThinkPad quality is getting worse over time. I am not sure I fully agree. However, the T/P series should be of better quality than the E series you used to have previously. 

Lenard | (I am a Lenovo INsider - a volunteer and not a Lenovo employee) | @lenardg
ThinkPad P52, X1 Yoga (1st gen) | YOGA C630 WOS

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors