Options

10 Posts

09-13-2019

NO

28 Signins

309 Page Views

• Views: 309
  • Message 1 of 1

P53(20QN) on Thunderbolt 3 Workstation Dock just randomly wakes opp external display after sleep

2019-12-11, 14:32 PM

Hello

I seem to have a problem on my P53 laptop, as the external displays, connected on the two HDMI ports on the Lenovo TP Thunderbolt 3 Workstation Dock(Product nr.: 40AN0230EU), they just randomly turn on on the first try. If they not turn on, on the first try, I have to put it back to sleep and then awake again at once. I always use the power button on the dock.

So where can I see what firmware version I have for my Thunderbolt 3 Workstation Dock. I se that I have controller driver version 1.41.648.4.

I've also search on Lonovo's site to find a download, but can only find this site: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/accessory/docks/thunderbolt-3-workstation-dock/40an/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Advanced%20Firmware but I can not see the workstation dock listed, just the Thunderbolt 3 dock, but maybe that cover's both? The version listed is: V1.0.0.20 of 07 Aug 2019.

I'm also very confused about what dock I really have, is it the:  ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Workstation Dock, ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2 or the ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Workstation Dock Gen 2 , or are they all the same as they seem to use the same driver if you look at this site:  https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS505148  , here the latest driver version are : V10015 of 23 Sep 2019. It's also odd that the Sep version(10015) has a lover number that the Aug version(10020)?

I'm also very confused as if the terms firmware and driver's are used correctly, and are there really 3 different driver's for one dock, here: control driver, dock driver and firmware?

Regards
Terje
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save