cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 595
Message 1 of 11

P53 is delayed. Why Lenovo always delays shipment when they state that their products are in stock?

Hi, after waiting for months and then the delayed release, I ordered a P53 on August 12. Before purchase, online store stated that it would be shipped in 2-5 business days. Agent also confirmed that it is in stock. After purchase, I got an email saying that it would be delivered on August 21. After waiting for over 2 days, the status changed to expected to ship August 30 and expected delivery Sept 6. Why all these delays when the product is in stock and the website states that it would be shipped in 2-5 business days?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 569
Message 2 of 11

Re: P53 is delayed. Why Lenovo always delays shipment when they state that their products are in sto

It is a brand new product and supplies are limited.  There are many potential buyers all looking at the same items at the same time, both online and by phone.  Sometimes, more get purchased at all the same time, before stock level can be updated.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 456
Message 3 of 11

Re: P53 is delayed. Why Lenovo always delays shipment when they state that their products are in sto

They told be that it won’t be shipped until August 30 and if I need a laptop sooner, I should buy another model!

From what I know about them, even I order a X1Y4, X1C7or legion that are stated to be in stock, they will also delay the shipment after payment. Am I right? What suggestion do you have?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 439
Message 4 of 11

I have never had that experience so I have a hard time suggesting.  Do they say that all the P53 models are delayed or just the configuration you want or need?  The P53 is a high power (45-watt CPU, 15" LCD) machine, and the X1C7 and X1Y4 are smaller. light, low power machines.  They seem like odd alternatives.  I am not an expert on the Legion line, but they have the GEForce graphics chips like the X1 Extreme, so they would stress frames-per-second speed for gaming, while the Quadro graphics in the P53 stress complex 3D rendering and have the certifications for all the complex rendering software, like AutoCAD.   Again, I am not an expert.  I tend to use general business and office-type software, and most of what I do works fine with integrated graphics.  Without knowing what you do or where you use the machine, I wouldn't say the P1 or X1 Extreme might be good substitutes.  They are much thinner so the fan may run more, which is less of a problem if you are working in an office, but could be a problem if you work in a bedroom.  I have also heard they can be louder if you are gaming or running VMs.  I don't do those things so I cannot give you direct experience.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 420
Message 5 of 11

It is strange that on one hand they told me that the shipment has been delayed to August 30 due to big demand. On the other hand, they just changed the shipping from 2-5 business days to 1-3 business days. So people who order today get their machine faster than me? Are they lying about the shipping day to get people to order?

edcircus
What's DOS?
Views: 400
Message 6 of 11

I noticed the same thing and am equally frustrated with my order. The only thing I can guess is that they can get more orders when it looks as though you're going to get your machine fast. I would highly doub that the people that order it now will get it any faster. It's not cool, but I've exhausted all channels for recourse. Everyone says the same thing. I'm sorry, but due to high demand....blah blah blah. Straight up they're milking orders. In the long run, they're machines are awesome and will be worth the wait, just wish they were upfront about shipping times.

edcircus
What's DOS?
Views: 281
Message 7 of 11

Ha, it's delayed again. Another 5 days on the order I placed on 08/06. They are still advertising 5-7 days to ship on their site though. Really misleading. I know they want all the orders still, but it's really inconsiderate of the professionals that rely on accurate estimates to work new equipment into their workflow.Customer service has no answers. They just keep saying they'll forward it to the proper people. I'm guessing they are just forward it to outer space. At least they could just say that they are unsure as to when it will ship because they are waiting for their supplier on a part.

lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 248
Message 8 of 11

Same here. Yesterday they changed the shipping to this week. I was so happy but today they pushed the expected shipping date back to August 30 and expected delivery on September 6. If they kept their promise, I would have been using it now.

Isn't the new Intel mobile CPU supposed to be out in 2-3 weeks? By the time I get the machine, will they upgrade the CPU to newer ones?

There is also no words about availability of the OLED model since they silently added a small note saying that it would be available in the Fall. Fall means Sept 1 to Dec 31.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 231
Message 9 of 11

Screen makers have been promising 15" OLED touch screens since January.  The availability date is still "soon".  I am hoping to see one also, but hoping doesn't seem to make it happen faster.  The high-power H-series CPUs just came out.  I would think it will be quite some time before there are new ones

Rich

lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 225
Message 10 of 11

I think Razer has been selling laptops with OLED screen for the summer already? I wonder why they have those access but Lenovo doesn't.

I wonder if Lenovo will put an Ice Lake CPU on P53 this year.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors