Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dougschmidt
Punch Card
Views: 406
Message 1 of 6

P70: AC adapter and battery

I'm having a problem with AC power and battery. I found posts about airplane mode. I have turned off airplane in Windows 10 and Lenovo Vantage (also unchecked enable auto detection. Systems goes to AC power. If I reboot the P70, after Windows 10 boots up, shortly after goes to battery. I go back into Lenovo Vantage and airplane mode is still turned off, and auto is unchecked. If I then turn on airplane mode, and then turn it off, the system goes back to AC power, until next reboot. AC power is always plugged into P70.

Is there a way, that if AC is plugged in the P70 will stay on AC power? Is there something else I may be missing?

Thanks 

Doug

Guru
Views: 328
Message 2 of 6

Re: P70: AC adapter and battery

I had something similar on T430. It was displaying, that it's working on battery, despite being connected to AC. Service told us, this was a motherboard problem. If your laptop is covered by warranty, I would advice to contact with service centre and ask about system board/dc-in cable assembly replacement.

------
dougschmidt
Punch Card
Views: 320
Message 3 of 6

Unfortunatly, it's no longer under warranty.

dougschmidt
Punch Card
Views: 317
Message 4 of 6

Anyone have any other suggestions? I'm going to try and uninstall Lenovo Vantage and see if that helps, since turning on then off airplane mode puts it back to AC power.

dougschmidt
Punch Card
Views: 272
Message 5 of 6

Solved.

I tried the uninstall Lenovo Vantage and then reinstall, did not work.

> Is there a way, that if AC is plugged in the P70 will stay on AC power? Is there something else I may be missing?

In addition to what I've done above, (disable airplane mode in Windows 10 and Lenovo Vantage), I created a new power plan

in Windows 10. (Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options)

I changed Balanced to High Performance, then saved and chose new power plan. P70 remains on AC across reboots.

dougschmidt
Punch Card
Views: 261
Message 6 of 6

Also, tested power plan, Power Saver, and P70 remains on AC power across reboots.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors