Did you mean: 
Frankenstien
Punch Card
Views: 170
Message 1 of 3

P70 - Lenovo Vantage - (certain) Lenovo System Updates repeatedly failing

Hey all ... here is a screenshot of the current state of affairs:

1504PDT29OCT18 screenshot (Serial Number redacted).jpg

Note: this is the Win 10 Pro 64-bit OS, Version 1803 ... Windows Update is ' ... up to date'.

I have tried various Lenovo Vantage Critical / Recommended / Optional update selections (in their respective groups and / or alone) and re-booted every time following failed system updates ... I cannot seem to break whatever log jam is occurring here.

I thought perhaps trying the IME 11.6 Firmware - 10 [64] - V.11.8.55.3510 update alone, or, the ThinkPad BIOS Update - 10 [64] - V.2.26.1.18 update alone (they are both 'Reboot Required' updates) might get me past this issue, however, so far, no joy.  There is a 'Fully charged (100%)' battery installed in the system.

Thanks for any insights offered, FFF

P.S.  I would also be interested to find a Lenovo drivers list of older Synaptics Pointing Device (ThinkPad UltraNav / Touchpad) drivers for my P70 machine ... does such a historical driver resource exist?  The reason being, the more recent touchpad drivers are unsuitable for me ... too sensitive / 'sticky' (adjustment of various touchpad settings doesn't cure the usability issues) ... I much preferred the behaviours of the earlier drivers but can now only Roll Back to Driver Version: 19.3.4.202 (16-Jan-18) ... I'd much rather use the July 2017 driver version, whatever the version number was (possibly 19.3.4.112).

Frankenstien
Punch Card
Views: 133
Message 2 of 3

Re: P70 - Lenovo Vantage - (certain) Lenovo System Updates repeatedly failing

... sorted this issue out myself by manually 'Update'ing Driver's (from Device Manager) for the 'Synaptics Pointing Device' (Synaptics ThinkPad UltraNav Driver), and, on a slightly later occasion / reboot cycle, for the 'Realtek PCIE CardReader' (Realtek MultiCard Driver) ... all of the other Installation History-listed, previously failed updates eventually installed properly by way of Lenovo Vantage - System Update.

FFF

pjg
Token Ring
Views: 114
Message 3 of 3

Re: P70 - Lenovo Vantage - (certain) Lenovo System Updates repeatedly failing

Lenovo Vantage issues should be posted in the following forum:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Pre-Installed-Lenovo-Software/bd-p/Special_Interest_Utilities

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors